night out on my permission(pic heavy)

So last friday Myself and SWMBO went to a piece of land my Godfather owns to test out the Polish Lavvu and generally have a night away.
I decided to cook venison stew for dinner which is a first for me usually its rat packs for us to eat but wanted to improve my outdoors cooking skills
so first job was to chop the wood having got the lavvu up
Picture026.jpg

then get the billy going on fire please note this was my first attempt at making a pot hanger quite pleased with it.
Picture035.jpg

chef hard at work here
Picture045.jpg

a quick stir
Picture043.jpg

first meal cooked on a camp fire venison stew with baked spud!
Picture050.jpg

having scoffed two helpings of the stew i had to just digest
Picture058.jpg

whilst my lovely assistant cleans up after me
Picture064.jpg

it was a good night out and the lavvu worked brilliantly although both mine and SWMBO found our feet were poking out the bottom of it.
hope youve enjoyed the pics as much as we enjoyed the night out :)
Sam

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Nice pics,

I 'migrated' out of my shelter at the weekend,slightly uphill,but I did have a good drink in me..:confused:

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
glad you like them.
is only a pokey lil place hence why i have taken wood into the site to consere whats there.
Sam

It might be pokey but good luck to you. I've always thought that you don't need that much space if you're surrounded by land you can look at/wander over. Just enough space for the tent and fire and far enough away from the madding crowd.

Thanks for sharing.

Firebringer

Jun 5, 2009
Scotland
Yes, thanks for sharing.

I always find that the 'expedition' posts are interesting, especially the ones with pictures. Nice to see what other folks are up to.

its definately good to get out!
one of the nice things is that as it is pokey we get some wildlife a bit closer to us.
on a previous night there i had a field mouse watching me tend the fire at about eleven pm and you can always hear some sort of birdlife in the twilight time.
it also makes it a bit more intimate as everything is easily accessible without too much stretch
Sam

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE