Night out in Fife

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
Its been a long long time since Ive had an overnighter on my own and seeing as though it was such a beautiful crisp clear night i decided that id bivy out.
Just up the road from where I stay :)

PB300019.jpg

walked up to the woods and get set up in the dark got some fire wood cut and got the fire on
PB300029.jpg

Sat watching the fire for a few hours and drinking coffee before turning in for the night
PB300036.jpg

My camp for the night
PB300040.jpg

dodgy picture of me :eek:
PB300043.jpg

now you see me now I'm gone :)
PB300044.jpg

I decided to try my new eVent bivy bag that a friend gave to me :D
which preformed excellent well pleased with it :D

heavy frost on the ground :rolleyes:
PB300045.jpg

I really should camp out more offten :)

cheers Russ

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Nice one Russ, looks like you picked a good night for it.

You weren't cutting firewood in the dark though were you, we all know using sharps after sundown is a no no :D

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
You weren't cutting firewood in the dark though were you, we all know using sharps after sundown is a no no :D

Shewie it gets dark here just before 4pm so its very dark by the time I get in from work. So if I want a fire then I have to cut and split my fire wood by head torch light or no campfire you just need to be very careful.

cheers Russ

ol smokey

Oct 16, 2006
Scotland
Nice Pics Thanks for sharing. Good example of "leave no Trace" Think it was about -5
Very like my local site, But I am not brave enough this weather, what with my age etc.,
The blood flow is slowing down somewhat. especially in the cold.Breathing gets difficult as the temp. goes down. Just have to face the midgies nowadays. Cheers Stuart.

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
stuart f nah it was an empty crate that I found at the side of the road and thought it would make a good womb led seat :)

MagiKelly the short answer is no I was thinking about heading up to Thurso for a few days and wanted to see if the bivy bag was suitable for going with me :rolleyes:

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
Thanks ol smokey

father jack if you hunt around you can fined places to camp that are at least a bit away from the roads

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Looks calm, crisp and incredibly peaceful :D

So the bivvy bag looks like a winner then ? :cool:

It was a beautiful night, me and Tamsin went for a wander about 2am, bitter cold though. I was glad to get back to bed tbh :eek:

Thanks for sharing the photos :D

cheers,
M

caliban

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 16, 2008
edinburgh
Bloody Hell mate! I was cold in my bed with two duvets on last night. That's a lovely top that Toddy made. Is it made from a wool blanket? Very nice.

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
caliban it wasn't made from a wool blanket it was made out of some really nice wool that Toddy had :)

cheers Russ

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE