Nieto knife

gregor-scott

Nomad
Apr 26, 2010
bournemouth
had some ideas on things I could do with, crook knife, Mozzie net for my hammock. Dry sacks. Parang, knife handle materials, but any other ideas welcome.

gregor-scott

Nomad
Apr 26, 2010
bournemouth
there seem to be prices from 35-65, but let's not get hung up on the price, i only want to swap not sell, it's worth what I'm willing to swap it for money isn't what I want.

T1Viper

Nomad
Sep 24, 2010
Ayrshire
I understand you arent interested in money, and each item is worth whatever someone is willing to give for it, however you started your quuotes rather high at 75 and 65 respectively, i was just letting you (and any people who may wish to trade) know more of a "Trade value"

brumstar123

Forager
Dec 17, 2009
new forest
The knife cost's what it costs, i have traded, knifes, pncho's, trangia's, IPU's for items not of similar worth, if i want what they have, then i trade it, if you don't want it, why are you even wasting the mans time? Surely you have better things to do with your time than administrate bias trading advice on a very well established and well supported bushcraft forum, i'm sure if Tony had a problem or felt any need to intervien he would? Oh well i guess it takes all types...

filcon

"Neo-eisimeileachd ALBA"
Dec 1, 2005
Strathclyde
Could you tell us what kind of steel the knife is, what type of nieto, what condition it is in and what trade value you would expect for it. Nieto,s knives are usually 420-440c but some of them tend to be a soft steel.
I,m really interested or perhaps if you maybe joined British Blades and tried to sell or trade your knife there they would maybe also appreciate its value.
phil

Last edited:

gregor-scott

Nomad
Apr 26, 2010
bournemouth
right it says AN 58 stainless on the blade, hope that answers that question. would like about £20-25 worth for it, depends on what it is though, I may really want something only worth a fiver but if I need it and as I don't need this knife then I will swap, in respect to what im after, well not much I desperately need but always up for suggestions, things I could do with that I can think of would be a scandi hand axe, thermal/waterproof clothes size xxl, a machete, dry sacks, fire steels, decent wool blanket, anything really as long as I need it or it's better than why I already have! thanks, Gregor

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE