Nice One Kevin!

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
A quick note to thank Fenlander for his excellent “Fungi Foray” yesterday. I believe everyone who attended came away with something useful and for me it was enough confidence to now positively ID the few species I wish to collect for the table. Certainly we were lucky in finding some beautiful examples of the Penny Bun (king of the woods?) and the hard-to-miss Parasol Mushroom in both open and emerging stages and much more before the rain came.

Nice one Kevin!

Cheers

Klench
Ps: Never ask a local for directions!

Mr_Rimps

Forager
Aug 13, 2006
Hampshire
Just like to second that. Well organised morning. Thanks Fenlander!

....and we did ask a local for directions!

Andy

Klenchblaize said:
A quick note to thank Fenlander for his excellent “Fungi Foray” yesterday. I believe everyone who attended came away with something useful and for me it was enough confidence to now positively ID the few species I wish to collect for the table. Certainly we were lucky in finding some beautiful examples of the Penny Bun (king of the woods?) and the hard-to-miss Parasol Mushroom in both open and emerging stages and much more before the rain came.

Nice one Kevin!

Cheers

Klench
Ps: Never ask a local for directions!

Hi Klench,

I see you based in Kent. Where did the “Fungi Foray” take place? Was it in or near Kent?

I too live in Kent near Ashford and would love to attend anything "local" and don't mid driving - would you please keep me posted to anyting that goes one please?

Phil.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Too Much Kit To Carry said:
Hi Klench,

I see you based in Kent. Where did the “Fungi Foray” take place? Was it in or near Kent?

I too live in Kent near Ashford and would love to attend anything "local" and don't mid driving - would you please keep me posted to anyting that goes one please?

Phil.

Certainly not a local event as this was held at Cavenham Heath Nature Reserve http://www.english-nature.org.uk/special/nnr/nnr_details.asp?NNR_ID=36 on the south side of the River Lark, near Mildenhall, Suffolk!

I would love to say we spent the night under canvas but neither my wife nor my brother-in-law’s are those kinds of girls so it was late to bed after too much wine in a Newmarket hotel.

I’ll keep my eyes open for forays nearer home but from what I’ve read there seems to be plenty of such walks on offer throughout the South East. I think there was one at http://www.bedgeburypinetum.org.uk/events.htm only a few days ago.

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE