Nice canvas rucksack for £21 and 1.6kg 2 man ten for £18

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Spotted this on Askari
http://www.askari-hunting.co.uk/pag...e-boxes-1/il-lago-large-hunter-s-back-pack-xl

8452951649702288.jpg

Looks like a bit of a bargain.

Also a 1.6kg lightweight 2 man tent for £18 - no mention of hydrostatic head though so it could be pants.
http://www.askari-fishing.co.uk/__W...-bivvies/other-tents/minipack-tent/detail.jsf
8452951635230880.jpg

I think you need to spend £30+ minimum order
Not affiliated with Askari - just a happy customer.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
That's a Roe sack. Like as not very comfy as it is totally without frame or padding- designed to carry deer. Good spot tho. goodjob

I find it strange that you'd design a bag for carrying a large dead weight - but not make it comfortable. Anywhow - did a quick google on Roe sack and the next cheapest is about £75's....

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Do like the tent!!!! Very tempting!!!
Do you think that you could replace the poles using trekking poles instead?? That in itself may every shed a bit more weight off the tent making it even more light weight!!
Cheers
Steve

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Do you think that you could replace the poles using trekking poles instead?? That in itself may every shed a bit more weight off the tent making it even more light weight!!
Cheers
Steve
It looks to me like a single skin, 100% waterproof fabric (non breathable) with side vents to cope with condensation ... from personal experience of similar tents I would think it a bit of a sweatbath....

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire

I thought the same and then I looked at the physical dimensions :yikes:

At 95cm tall that beak will be a pain. 120cm wide doesn't seem too bad ... until you remember there's a pole at the half way point. And I bet that 120 is the width including the side skirts. If that's the case you're (roughly) looking at a 50cm gap ~ but that 50cm is almost at ground level and it starts disappearing very quickly. I'm broader in the shoulder than the poled half doorway, so I'd need to go in feet first, laying down and on my side ~ I'd really be hoping for dry weather :yikes: .

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Steve
man up and get a tarp and never look back mate
tents will always seem claustrophobic after a few nights under a tarp trust me

Lol cheers Sam!! I thought it was just my missus who thought I was a wuss!!!lol
After having a little swing in teepees hammock I must admit it is tempting!!!! I wish I had slept in it over night now tbh!!!!
My main problem is the cold, nothing worse than being bloody cold and having a rubbish nights sleep!!
Im trying to find ways of getting my pack weight down, and 1 of the ways has gotta be to ditch the tent, only weighs in at 2 kilos though so not a massive weight!!!
I think im gonna have to start a thread cause I can't seem to find the info im looking for through searching!!
Cheers
Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE