NI Patrol Pack Upgrade (i) and Information (+image)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up

For anyone with or considering an NI patrol pack (and who may find the capacity a bit on the small side) I've added an ex 51mm (2 inch) mortar bandolier pouch to the rear.

It's quite low profile and adds about 3.5 litres extra stowage space.

I get a pair of H20 proof trousers, jacket and a ground sheet in it so it keeps all the wet kit out of the ruck.

The bonus is that you can make the attachment secure but temporary (keep the shoulder strap in place) so removable to use separately as a small satchel if needs be.

Purchased from Kidderminster S&O earlier in the year.:)

On the subject of aftermarket NI patrol packs, the company 'Kombat' appear to have won a contract to supply the British Army with the MTP update version but continue to produce the NI patrol pack although in a far less robust grade of Cordura

If you think that you might ever be interested in the more robust (and plain green) version in the former heavier weight material (1000D perhaps?) don't leave it too long before they are all picked up.:(

DPM Pouch on NI Pack.jpg

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
Good idea, great man bags that covered a multitude of sins. A roomier adaption that is comfier than the sewing on a canteen pouch. The famous NI pack started off green, i discovered one in Palace then in Lisburn for a special x-ray gun.

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up,

Sum1quiet - its is an aftermarket copy made by a company called Kombat.

I have compared it to the original issue NI pack (dpm) belonging to one of my offspring'- IMHO the after market is just as good - better if you take the additional molle on the rear into account. It is heavy duty Cordura with a heavy duty waterproof backing - far better than that rubbishly thin spray on UPVC that most modern packs have and which wears through if you carry a lot of sharp cornered tech kit in it.
As I stated the company produce for the Forces now but don't make the plain green NI pack to the same spec -shame.

My kit is still deployed operationally and gets pulled through hedgerows backwards (more so than in my military days!) and this pack is proving really tough.

Tiger Stacker - I never saw a green or a dpm one during my time over the water - it was those rib cringingly uncomfortable framed bergens in my day - mind you the only time that I visited Palace was to drop someone off at HM's pleasure! :lmao:

Barney - improvise and overcome! We fitted it to my lad's pack in no time.

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
Great daysacks for bimbling around Belfast. Until you learnt to accept straps and body warmer would snag pinch n test your upper strength.
The 51 bag is just right for a book n flask/sigg bottle combo for work.

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
On the subject of aftermarket NI patrol packs, the company 'Kombat' appear to have won a contract to supply the British Army with the MTP update version but continue to produce the NI patrol pack although in a far less robust grade of Cordura

View attachment 43142

Where did you hear about this ? I would be amazed if the army used Kombat products, they do not have a very good reputation.

That said, I really like the general design of the bag, have been looking for a bag to make in a plain colour and have just ordered 2 metres of OG 600d material .

I will probably do zip off side pockets, similar amount of MOLLE on the front, maybe a floating lid and was thinking of a sort of drop down loop of material the width of the base, to slip larger round items into when needed.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE