new year bushcraft resolutions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
Happy new year everyone wish you all good health & happiness.
I was wondering if anyone has set themselves any bushcraft related resolutions maybe learn something new, do that trip youv been meaning to do for ages, improve something.
For me its to continue making my own gear from natural materials and keep getting rid of kit i dont use, although its nice to collect lots of kit i find it just confuses things. Iv gone from 4 axes to 1 and because of that iv become alot beter with that one axe. And i also anly use one pack now aswell whatever the time of year as my kit dosnt realy change.
I use to use a full size bushy knife but also had a smaller knife for more delicate tasks but iv now ordered a knife inbetween the two which will hopefully do both jobs and i wont have to alternate between.
Anyway whats yours?

Will Bowden

Tenderfoot
Jan 23, 2009
Exmoor
www.MuddyRedLandRover.co.uk
First plan for 2012 is to build a hide in the woods behind the bunkhouse my brother and I manage. Then I'll be spending as much time out there as I can afford to.

I need to get a load of nesting boxes up before too long as well including an owl box.

I managed to blag a bit of railway track last night to use as an anvil so next on the list is the bushcrafters favourite to make a nice knife...or two

Will :)

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I have a project list for 2012 which includes my first go at a self bow along with the wool smock i've always promised myself

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Same as last year - get out there and do it!

At least one night a month, but this year is more likely thanks to finding a group of local b'crafters.

Also get swmbo comfortable sleeping outside for our trip to Canada in September

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
have spent 10 out of the 12 months 2011 recovering fae operations and have had tae delay all my plans due tae being crippled. so im hoping tae recover soon and get out, first tae stay with my woman on her boat then off tae mull tae work for a forrester. then off trekking round the uk going between wwoof hosts :D

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
have spent 10 out of the 12 months 2011 recovering fae operations and have had tae delay all my plans due tae being crippled. so im hoping tae recover soon and get out, first tae stay with my woman on her boat then off tae mull tae work for a forrester. then off trekking round the uk going between wwoof hosts :D

Sounds like a good plan mate hope it all comes together for you

palmnut

Forager
Aug 1, 2006
N51° W002°
I have a project list for 2012 which includes my first go at a self bow ...

Corso - look up www.thepaas.org - many of my fellow members come from Kent and I'm sure one or more of them would be happy to give you some help with the bow. One way of taking a step along this route (and perhaps picking up some other Bushie tips as well) is to come along to the Forest Knights work party at Amberley 13-15 Jan - many of the PAAS members will be there working on a bow making demo area. Just PM Wayne for details - I must point out though that you pay for your attendance with a bit of hard labour ;-).

Peter

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
Mine is to get fitter then get out more and I keep looking at the courses offered by Woodsmoke which look like fun and the opportunity to practice some of the skills I have learned over the years but sadly do not get chance to do enough
Also fancy doing more woodcarving , have done quite a few spoons/ spatulas and a kuksa but fancy a bowl or two a breadboard etc

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
same here to get fitter,lose some weight after a major dvt last year.get out in the hammock and finally meet some of you guys and learn something.

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
I'm finding it harder and harder to get for overnighters with having three young kids and the missus. The situation has been made worse this week because we were burgled and I don't think my wife will be keen on me going away anytime soon.
Sooooo my resolution is to practise more backyard bushcraft. Get proficient with friction firelighting, carve some nice spoons, traps etc and pass some skills and knowledge on to the little'uns.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Leave my 50 hour a week job (Done only 3 weeks left :D :D ;))

Get out and enjoy the world.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE