New walking stick carver in Ambleside

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Just dropped into Ambleside a couple of times at the weekend and spotted an old fella sat in his front yard carving walking sticks. he had a stand full of them in front of him for sale. I know some on here probably into the carved sticks instead of the fancy carbon fibre or Al alloy trekking poles so I thought I would post a heads up. They look interesting and I would say he is a tidy carver in my inexperienced opinion.

If you are in the area and fancy taking a look he is in the yard of a house kind of opposite to the little bridge house. IIRC there is a path up the side of the ghyll that goes to more houses and the Gaggling Goose Cafe (with a newly working watermill wheel). Seriously the guy had a chair just outside his front door and was working away carving another stick out.

His stuff is a mix of the crook topped sticks to the ones with carved animals and other things on top. What a cool way to top up your income! A hobby and a job.

PS - sorry if I am marketing a competitor to a regular poster / maker on here. I just found it interesting and thought others might be interested even if not buying to see other's work.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE