new stomping ground

novembeRain

Nomad
Sep 23, 2008
lincoln
This is the wood I'll be spending a night in hopefully in the next week, thought I'd show you guys some of what I found when I went on my recce. Sorry about the size of the pictures, I've resized them on photobucket but they still come up the same :dunno:

Hmmm, sure I can find a use for these black lumps :rolleyes:
P211108_1146.jpg

Anyone got a suggestion what I could do with this? No ideas what wood it is though.
P211108_1142.jpg

Anyone know what this is? Never seen it before so my guess is something exotic out of someone's garden.
P201108_1208.jpg

Anyway, that's what it's like in there, pretty open really but once you're well in to it I don't think you'd be visable.

novembeRain

Nomad
Sep 23, 2008
lincoln
How did you find it then NR, was it from any of the advice offered on your earlier thread ?

Sort of mate, I knew these woods were there but wasn't too keen but after a look on the o/s map I realised how big the place was and, more importantly, how far I could get away from people, paths and buildings.

It's main problem though is it doesn't offer a great deal of shelter, it's deciduous and not very dense so even right in the middle it's still a bit breezy.

sirex

Forager
Nov 20, 2008
bournemouth
does it have any kind of water supply ? or do you bring what you need ? - i have a few large-ish woods near me (south coast) that i was considering using for quiet overnighters, assuming i can get far enough away from the beaten tracks. Their always forestry commission land though, and i don't know if id get a friendly mug of coco with a warden, or coppers fast roping in from black choppers :)

saying that, the new forest is near me, but im pretty sure camping wild there is a bad plan ;-/

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Sort of mate, I knew these woods were there but wasn't too keen but after a look on the o/s map I realised how big the place was and, more importantly, how far I could get away from people, paths and buildings.

It's main problem though is it doesn't offer a great deal of shelter, it's deciduous and not very dense so even right in the middle it's still a bit breezy.

Well at least it`s a start fella, good on you getting somewhere sorted anyway.

novembeRain

Nomad
Sep 23, 2008
lincoln
does it have any kind of water supply ? or do you bring what you need ? - i have a few large-ish woods near me (south coast) that i was considering using for quiet overnighters, assuming i can get far enough away from the beaten tracks. Their always forestry commission land though, and i don't know if id get a friendly mug of coco with a warden, or coppers fast roping in from black choppers :)

saying that, the new forest is near me, but im pretty sure camping wild there is a bad plan ;-/

There is water there but I'll brobably take some with me to keep things simple; I'd hate to turn up and find the stream's just mud unless it rains.

I don't know enough to advise you really, I'm just working on the theory that being more than 250yds from any footpath, road or building and not having fire until dark should be enough to not give the game away. I went for a walk round there last night but changed my mind - I couldn't see a thing!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE