New series - 8:30 Monday night BBC 2

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Aye and Bruce Parry is on straight after.

I have an issue watching Bruce though , he nearly always ends up spewing his guts out lavishly on tv, and Im usually eating at the time.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Aye and Bruce Parry is on straight after.

I have an issue watching Bruce though , he nearly always ends up spewing his guts out lavishly on tv, and Im usually eating at the time.

Either that or he's displaying his two plums and banana! :rolleyes:

What is it with military and ex-military blokes getting nekkid all the time!

two minds about this , one i like to watch things like this , but on the other hand you get numptys thinking they will go out and take ALL that is there , last year I checked my blackthorn to find half a dozen folks helping themselves , I say my blackthorns they arnt but I have harvested at the same place for a few years so fair doos as long as they use them.
But I think programs like this do encourage people who wouldn't normally get wild food to go out and gather but do they eat it / use it ?

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Yes, I watched it. I'd give it 7/10. Somewhere between Bear Grylls and Wild Gourmets with a bit of HFW thrown in for good measure.

Chris

JimN

Forager
Feb 7, 2006
The Amber Valley
Found it better than I expected, not too keen on 'Val' but he had good guests. The welsh farmer and his mum were a scream (farmer about the presenter; "I've got a farmhand who can cook, shame you're not a woman" ) and the fungi bloke seemed knowledgeable.

I'm going to start counting how many times he mentions he grew up on a farm. Is 'Valentine' a standard name for farmers' boys?

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
Watched it on iplayer, I liked it. The mushroom hunting was over too quickly but it was only a bit of the prog...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE