New Ray Mears series Tonight

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Can't see this mentioned anywhere else but there's a new Ray Mears series called 'Australian Wilderness' startying tonight at 20:00 on ITV :)

Trig

Nomad
Jun 1, 2013
Scotland
Got the tv plugged in ready and dusted off for this, only to spend the past 15 minutes trying to find ITV on sky. Of course i dont get that channel.....

Back in the corner it goes. :cussing:

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I watched it but was rather disappointed. I have really enjoyed Ray's programmes in the past, in which he showcased his considerable skills and knowledge of history, but seeing him endeavouring to become a sort of ersatz Attenborough didn't really work for me. It was a reasonable tourist plug for Australia - obviously part of the deal with Qantas - but, as a programme, did not really know what it was supposed to be covering. I don't regret the half hour I spent watching but I'm not sure I'll be tuning in again next week.

hughtrimble

Jan 23, 2012
UK/France
I watched it but was rather disappointed. I have really enjoyed Ray's programmes in the past, in which he showcased his considerable skills and knowledge of history, but seeing him endeavouring to become a sort of ersatz Attenborough didn't really work for me. It was a reasonable tourist plug for Australia - obviously part of the deal with Qantas - but, as a programme, did not really know what it was supposed to be covering. I don't regret the half hour I spent watching but I'm not sure I'll be tuning in again next week.

The last one I watched of his, had him nature watching...but driving around on a quad! Just felt very odd, and was, as you say, more of a show and tell type tourism film rather than him doing his bushcraft thing.

Steve27752

Settler
May 7, 2007
Berkshire, U.K.
I was in Reading last night to see RM on stage, I thought thought it was the best one of this type of show that he has done. No spoilers, all I will say is back to basics and the new programme are featured.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
We're off to see him in Weston Super Mare on the 13th Nov, really looking forward to it :)

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
As somebody that has to find it online through 'weird ways', is the show worth watching?

Is is 'just' a nature show, or does he also talk bushcrafting and survival?

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
In a way - yes, but I think RM's forte is teaching BC and maybe not doing an Attenborough.

For me to find a site online showing the show can take a couple of hours and I do not want to get disappointed!

Do not get me wrong, I think RM is a fabulous presenter. None of this 'drama queen' stuff that is so common these days.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Lots of close up shots of Rays boots on the latest episode.
Must be a sublimable ad for his online shop.
Still however I enjoy his shows even if they have strayed somewhat from his original interest.

did notice that as well bit of obvious advertising again. Why show a boot instead of the fantastic choice of Australian scenery

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE