New pocket knife help

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
In looking for a new folder to carry and the two I have seen are the
Bushcraft store Boar folder and the Enzo PK70.
Does anyone use either of these and do you rate them as good or poor.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
I've got a Boar folder, lovely knife and can't fault it. The PK70 looks nice but twice to three times the price. To be honest most of the time at the moment I carry my Boker Nano 42 a tiny knife but does all I need day to day and fits in a jeans ticket pocket.

reedx

Tenderfoot
Apr 12, 2012
Durham
www.REEDX.net
I've got the Enzo PK70 and it's beautifully made, the blade is S30V stainless steel and available in either scandi or flat grind.

http://www.heinnie.com/enzo-pk70-carbon-fibre-scandi-grind
http://www.heinnie.com/enzo-pk70-carbon-fibre-flat-ground

I got to handle a few of the TBS Boar folders at the recent Buscraft Show. They appeared to be a nice solid knife available in a lot of configurations, including locking versions. A lot heavier than the PK70 though!

It really depends on what you're intending to use it for. Personally I think the PK70 is worth the premium in price.

Colin

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I have the Boar TSB folder with Turkish walnut scales, it's a very versatile knife, I use mine for carving spoons when I'm out camping. Now one thing with the one that I have is the blade is slightly bent, it Pi**ed me off a bit but at the time I didn't send it back as I was unwell. I must say it is rock solid in use.

Feb 17, 2012
Surbiton, Surrey
Also have the boar folder (curly birch carbon) and really like it. Will easily deal with all camp tasks except battoning and is a good carver too.
Feels good in the hand and has a good sharp spine for a ferry rod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE