New picture for the living room

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
I've put my new behemoth of a picture on the wall, 2m wide 1.4m high. Its a big 'un.

I saw it in IKEA and had to have it. Its a little homage to the outdoors, indoors.

6d9b66b4-e1fb-23fb.jpg

sent from my Jelly Bean'd galaxy nexus.

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Funnily enough its not hiding anything, swmbo gave me permission to get a picture for the wall, because she had chosen the settee, curtains, lamp, TV unit, what clothes I should wear, what time I should be back and so on. :what:
My instructions were clear. A medium sized picture with greys and browns, maybe another city scene. :what:
so I spent £100 on the biggest tree picture I could find (I need my stamp on the living room). :D
Now its up, she quite likes it. :thumbup:

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Sweet, at some point were having the entire back wall done in woodland wallpaper....was supposed to be done 8 month cin, good gunnas , we are :eek:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You know that you can have huge canvases printed from your own photos at very reasonable cost ?
It's a pretty cool picture though :)

cheers,
Toddy

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
What Toddy said, it's better to have something hundreds of others don't............................. There are always original paintings too, nudge, nudge.:D

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
I was tempted with getting a photo blown up, but swmbo wanted something to go with the decor, so had to buy this on the sly:D

An original painting would have been my first choice but funds were limited. Maybe some artwork for the bedroom in the future though.

I think a woodland scene on your back wall would look mint chis. That fallen tree stump and roots near us too :D

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
It is a beautiful picture, no doubt about it....
But for far less than your 100 quid, I had my (and my family's) favorite Swedenpicture enlarged to 1,25x1 mtr and printed on canvas.... cost us about 60 euros... postage included.

Androo

Nomad
Dec 8, 2010
NW UK
Looks sweet - I have quite a few shots like that in my personal archive that would suit a canvas blow-up - If only it were easier to get shots like these sold/licensed to the people who get the printed up in the 10,000s+!

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
How far through the wall have you got Andy? :)

shawshank15.jpg

Nice picture in all seriousness, I like it.

An original painting would have been my first choice but funds were limited. Maybe some artwork for the bedroom in the future though.

I think a woodland scene on your back wall would look mint chis.

You may know this already, but you can get wallpaper printed from an uploaded photo. Many companies are now offering this service.
I've hung some years ago for a client, it looked mint.

Last edited:

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Not found any shades for these things yet. They are low energy magnetic bulbs or something like that. All I know is they are about £15. Swmbo smashed one playing on the wii.

Probably need to look online for some.

Thing is, we can't wallpaper or paint until December, as the house is under 'guarantee' from the builders.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I've got the full spectrum, low energy, daylight bulbs like those, and they're great, especially in the gloomy grey days of early Winter, but a pain to find shades for. In the end I just put them into the ones I had and just accept that they look a bit odd :rolleyes: I broke one last week taking down one of the kitchen shades to wash it :eek: Supposedly they last eight thousand hours...........only if you don't smash them :sigh:
cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE