New Photobucket setup ???

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Ive not been near photobucket for a time and i see it is a new format ,As you all know i,m a bit of a computer idiot and cannot get it to upload my pics any pointers please,thanks ,Gill....

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
This is the message i get continually
Hmmm. Something didn't click. We were unable to share to your social network. Want to give it another shot? Try again now.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Have you managed to log in using your old login and password? If so got to upload and browse the files as per normal and hit upload. It's fiddly but most of the stuff there now is tab related with little arrows scattered about here and there for you to spend ages finding and click on.

I didn't even bother trying to link my account with my Farcebook account. Too much like giving over control to them. But if that's what you want to do, I'm sorry I can't help you there.

Keep plugging away at it. Like you I can't understand why they feel the need to change everything, it's the same with Hotmail now, the new version's s#it.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
You could try contacting them & explaining your problem.................if however you still can't upload or move your photos around, sometimes just opening another account is the easist solution.
It took me quite a while to get used to their new format, it seems to be more orientated now towards people uploading directly from Facebook & the like & whizzing 'em around the various social networks rather than for dull numpties like me who just want to store pics & occasionally post them on forums.

Biker

You could try contacting them & explaining your problem.................if however you still can't upload or move your photos around, sometimes just opening another account is the easist solution.
It took me quite a while to get used to their new format, it seems to be more orientated now towards people uploading directly from Facebook & the like & whizzing 'em around the various social networks rather than for dull numpties like me who just want to store pics & occasionally post them on forums.

Yeah, I got that impression too. Which is why out of sheer bloodymindedness I didn't link my account to Farcebook.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Its not hard after you use it a couple of times. If you take photo's with your phone download the photobucket app and it will upload direct to your account.

Biker

If you cannot make it work maybe you should look around for another photo hosting site, one with a less crappy interface.

Flickr
Imgur
Google

To name but three.

:)

It's not that it's crap, it's just that the latest upgrade is such a dramatic change to the system, it takes a while to figure out all the bells and whistles. Classic case of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." It seemed fine before for me. Oh well.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
Thanks guys for the help i manged eventually tryed everything ,It worked after i linked to photobucket from my FB account.These things are not easy for me being a technofobe lol

Biker

Thanks guys for the help i manged eventually tryed everything ,It worked after i linked to photobucket from my FB account.These things are not easy for me being a technofobe lol

I'm not such a technophobe (I can point out which is the monitor and which is the keyboard on my first attempt. Me clever!) but even I struggled getting the damn thing to work for me as it should. Just simply getting the login and password box to appear took several clicks around different routes until it appeared.

Anyway glad you got it sorted. Well done.

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Used it a few times recently and it seems pretty clunky to navigate, plus its trying to get me to do things through Facebook which I've just left after realising that much of Facebook is a pile of steaming dog eggs.

The usual login username and password box not appearing when I click to find it is irritating, obviously the part where you can login through Facebook is unaffected.

Oh and when I upload pictures its started to put them into the order of the dates I took them on, which is a pain an the backside when I find an old picture I want to describe something with and it hides it in the few months ago section.

If I put it onto photobucket today, I want it easy to find.

Seems its really optimised for the people who put everything they ever do on Facebook and to be honest I avoid those people like the plague.

Biker

Seems its really optimised for the people who put everything they ever do on Facebook and to be honest I avoid those people like the plague.

Friend request sent. Biker and 5 other likes your post too :lmao: Sorry couldn't resist it.

You're right about the login thing. I had to go to the sign up to Photobucket as if I were a new customer, only then would the login box appear. Another example of them herding everyone towards Farcebook and hopefully cashing in once they start charging people to use Farcebook. I bet it's only a matter of time before there's a nominal payment being charged. Bit like drugs, get 'em hooked while they're young then slowly raise the price.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Oh and when I upload pictures its started to put them into the order of the dates I took them on, which is a pain an the backside when I find an old picture I want to describe something with and it hides it in the few months ago section.

Yep me too, although I've set it for 'latest photos first" I very often have to sift through scores of pages to find the new uploaded photo(s) stealthily concealed amoung random 'older' photos. Talk about wasting time & raising blood pressure................mind you, Facebookers do seem to have an awful lot of time to waste. :rolleyes:

If I put it onto photobucket today, I want it easy to find.

Amen.

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Thanks to a tip from somebody here I always use www.imgur.com

It is simplicity itself; it gives you a resize option and the link you need to post the image.

Give it a whirl.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE