New Latest Issue Digital Camo Russian Military BDUs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
I recently posted on the clothing forum a question about Russian BDUs and if they were worth buying. I got some good feedback so I decied to take the plunge and buy some.

I got some from a Russian seller on ebay.

It came as a full set :-jacket, trousers and a hat
The camo is a digitized version of the Russian Flora pattern and I must say the digital camo IMHO is better than the US digicam; much smaller pixels and blends in better with the UK foliage.

Sizing:-
First off the sizeing of Russian BDUs is a bit of a minefield they aren't straight forward at all:- I'm a 36" waist and 40"chest
I had to go with Russian size 52-54 (which equates to 36" waist and 42" chest) the pants fit perfect but the jacket is a little on the baggy side.
The next size down is Rus size 50 which equates to 34" waist and 40"chest which would be ok for jacket but not pants. These come as a complete set so you can't mix and match which is annoying bit I can live with the baggy jacket.

The build quality is very good they are a no frill set. very basic in design but very strong and hard wearing.
I have worn them on and off for day hikes for the past 6 weeks and they have stood up well to scrambling over rocks and pushing through scrub and close woodland.

Trousers:-
Trousers have button fly and the side of the waistband has an elasticated area on either side which is a nice touch, the right leg has a knife pouch with cover flap; which would cover the handle when snapped up to protect it and keep it secure in the pouch. It is designed to fit the russian bayonet or similar sized fixed blade knife such as Kabar etc. (see pic with deoderant can in the pocket and my fingers on the closing flap.
The left leg has a double tube pocket for flashlight, multitool etc.( see pic with two fingers separating pockets)
There are the standard cargo pockets on each leg and the slash hip pockets too and a small pocket on the right bottom cheek.
all pockets have velcro closing apart from the knife pocket which has metal snaps.
the trouser legs have an inner sleave of black material at the bottom from mid calf down, and at the end have two ties to tie under your feet.
The knees of the trousers have velcro'd pouches to take knee pads(which don't come with the set)

The Jacket.
The jacket has a taylored back fold that expands when you bend forwards so th e jacket doesn't ride up.
There are the standard 4 front pockets (2 chest and 2 waist)
the shirt is button closing with a material flap that hides the buttons.
the wist of the jacket is elasticated.
Both sleeves have arm pockets with velcro flaps and extra material sown on at the elbows for reenforcement.

Hat:-
hat is basic; stiff peak and black lining material inside.

I am pleased with the set the total set was £65 which I think is a bargin considering you can pay much more than that for a set of US trousers alone or the new British MTP combats (which I have just bought aswell; have to sneak them into the house and gradually introduce to SWMBO so she thinks I've always had them...hee heee heee!!!)

Last edited:

Ray Britton

Nomad
Jun 2, 2010
Bristol
Hi Mike.
When you say:
I must say the digital camo IMHO is better than the US digicam; much smaller pixels and blends in better with the UK foliage.

Did you test the cams out with NVG's, or are you referring to how they look with the naked eye. I only ask as the cams are designed to principally confuse electronic aids, with human deception secondary. I would be interested to see how the blocks and colour groups appear in infra red/black and white/green and white, such as whether the number of colours halve under infra red light:)

Ray Britton

Nomad
Jun 2, 2010
Bristol
Hi Mike, and thanks for the prompt reply.

This latest Russian pattern looks so much nicer than their first digital pattern.

Out of interest, have you looked inside the trousers to see if there is a small hidden escape pocket, as traditionally fitted to spetznaz trousers? I'm not saying it is likely to be there, but would be a good bonus :)

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
What pattern are these BDU's? are they the standard M3 or the Bekas pattern?
could we get some close up shots of the tags also?
thanks!
pete

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
Not sure about the pattern as these are the first set of Russian combats I've ever owned.

the inside is marked with some kind of indelible pencil ?inspection marks?
here are some pics of the indelible pencil marks and the labels aswell.
I have had a search and couldn't any secret escape pouch inside.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Hmm interesting, i don't recognise the contractor, usually its Splav, ana, Sposn or NPO-Nm. i'll have to look these guys up they look new. the pattern btw is officially "Digital Flora"
cracking pics and write up thanks ;)

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi,
The E&E pocket migth be on the waist band about 2" from the front button (right side) like on the Flora camo pants or inside the top right front pocket like on the Ukrainian camo pants.

ruspixelpat02.jpg

Topknot.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE