New larger fold over top bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
This is the bag mentioned in this thread - http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144154

It is a fold over top with ITW G Clips for closure, with the addition on a diagonal zip to help access.

Useable size is approx. 40h x 30w x 12d

The front pocket has 2 draw string pockets, one side mesh pocket, some MOLLE/PALS on the other side, a small pocket on the inside of the flap and a large full length pocket on the rear.

There is a strip on loop material down the inside of the rear panel, this will take pouches or as pictured a hydration pocket. There is a hydration tube exit point which comes out in the rear pocket, a D ring and HK clip for additional fixings.

I just need to tidy up a few loose cottons and finalise some strap lengths.

Front of bag

Left side

Right Side

Rear Pocket

Inside pocket

Hydration pocket mounting

Straps

Last edited:

Hunkyfunkster

Mar 2, 2015
Loch Lomond
Get them up for sale. Let the people decide. I think you'd have plenty of custom. Plus, the photos you post show that the quality of your bags is only getting better and better

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
i hope your joking. the bag looks great.

No, not joking. If I was looking to sell this bag, it would need to be in the region of £150-180. If I was buying a bag at that cost I would expect it to be perfect.

Don't get me wrong it is perfectly useable, it just has a few cosmetic errors.

Get them up for sale. Let the people decide. I think you'd have plenty of custom. Plus, the photos you post show that the quality of your bags is only getting better and better

That means going 'maker', not a massive cost but one I would want to be sure about first. I put some bag's on a FB Bushcraft page and only had interest in one of them and at a much reduced price.

Last edited:

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
I think my errors come from over complicating certain aspects. Maybe moving forward I should think more about that.

1/ The straps could be made without the outer edge binding (still with the central line of webbing). This would save time and money.
2/ I over did the pocket of this one, maybe a full width zip pocket would have been better and I know I can do these.
3/ Use a drop in liner (not so easy on this one becuase of the zip) but it looks much neater.

Polecatsteve

Nomad
Aug 20, 2014
Scotland
Very impressive buddy. I really like that. Watching all the skilled tailoring on this forum is pushing me to get a sewing machine and start trying things.

Very professional looking!

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
That's a wonderfully thought out and executed bag. Very well done. The roll top lid is reminiscent of the new Kifaru pack still in design.

OMark

Mar 26, 2017
UK
Wow, love the design. Looks well thought out and built. Curious if the fabric is treated with anything to be water resistant? I assume I could probably spray it down with DWR?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE