New knife build finally finished.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Well almost finished this
table_topbg.jpg
Maihkel Eklund blade with walnut and some brass and home made spacers.
Two coats of walnut oil is all I have applied, going to finish with some beeswax when I get some and then a good polish.
Bushcraft012.jpg

Bushcraft011.jpg

Bushcraft010.jpg

Thanks for looking, original handle I made was in oak but not to my liking so went for the walnut.

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Cheers guys, It actually looks better in the flesh so to speak, pictures do no do it justice.
I am fairly pleased with the results, only had one small snag.

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Thanks sasquatch mate.
I have to say that whilst I was making the bolster slot there was a drill mark underneath, ie on the wood side, this should not have been a problem but I removed a bit too much brass whilst sanding and polishing so there is a small mark there, I will grow to love this mark in time, it is my mark. ha ha.

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Cheers HillBill, coming from you I take that as a real compliment mate.
The walnut I foraged on a walk.
Question for you.
How do you get the nice polished look to your knives, I've had a go today with some home made polish and there is not enough sheen.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I shape the handles on the belt, then go through the grits of wet n dry upto 1200. I then use wire wool prior to applying danish oil. 3 good coats of that, let them dry then i use a loose mop in my pillar drill with vonax compound. Job done. :) You can get the mop n vonax from Mick wardells Ebay shop, you'll have change from £20. I've had mine about 3 years, made loads of knives and i'm still on my first block of vonax, im on my second mop though. Its worth buying as they give you a lot for your money.

Cheers HillBill, coming from you I take that as a real compliment mate.
The walnut I foraged on a walk.
Question for you.
How do you get the nice polished look to your knives, I've had a go today with some home made polish and there is not enough sheen.

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Glad it turned out for you. I use a similar method for polishing as HillBill, it works a treat.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE