New kit advice reqd please, camera and binoculars...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dirty Karlos

Forager
Oct 16, 2007
Hull
www.karlholtby.com
Sadly I recently had my camera bag stolen from my car, it contained a Nikon D40, 18-55mm lens, 55-200mm lens and a pair of Leica Trinovid bins.
It looks like I can claim for them on the house contents, will find out for definite later today/tomorrow. Needless to say this has been a complete pain in the butt, but lesson learned, don't leave your kit in the car!

Anyways, I'd like to look at replacing the Nikon D40, which I loved, great little camera. It seems that my choices could be the Nikon D3100 or maybe the new D3200. I use my camera for all sorts of stuff, wildlife, particularly birds, landscapes etc. I have seen a 'Birdwatching bundle' on the Jessops website, which includes a Nikon D3100 with a 300mm Tamron VR lens which looked a good deal, I know the Tamron lens got a good review too. I'm basically after any views on the D3100 and D3200, I'd like to keep with Nikon.

Also, I'm going to need a replacement pair of Bins, I cherished my Leica Trinovids (10x32) and I think the current equivalent are the Ultravids which are around £1400!! Not sure what the insurers will offer me, not sure I'm going to be able to afford Leica as I paid £700 for my Trinovids and you can't buy them for that now. So any suggestions for Bins?

Cheers.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE