New kind of catapult

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
I've been using one of these for years http://www.ronniesunshines.com/barnett-diablo-slingshot-catapult powerful and deadly in the right hands.

Been into Gattys for years.. used to make them when we were kids from clothes pegs.. gatty black square band from the local hardware store and a leather tongue from old shoe. Be out all day with ya mates in the local woods.. aiming at any thing that moved. You can't do that nowadays.. you'd be hung shot and quartered :(

pysen78

Forager
Oct 10, 2013
Stockholm
We used to make the kind that's in the OP with condoms or balloons when I was a kid. Any kind of cylinder shape like a toilet roll or pvc pipe and some cord and no roadsigns were safe.

Herbalist1

Settler
Jun 24, 2011
North Yorks
Problem with the Diablo style cattys is that you can't just stick em in a pocket. Used to make them from forked sticks as a kid with the square catty elastic. Now thinking of making one from ply and fitting therabands.
Recently made a ply catty with my lad for a school design project but fitted with low power elastic shock cord (he's only ten and was taking it in to school) and firing balls of scrunched up tin foil. Looked really nice and was surprisingly accurate given the elastic used. Someone must have liked it because it got nicked before he was able to use it for his presentation. Wasn't happy as we'd put in quite a bit of work and he was obviously upset as it was one of the first things he's had a hand in making :(

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Problem with the Diablo style cattys is that you can't just stick em in a pocket. :(

I usually carry mine in my bergen or day sack.. depends on where i'm going.

Once i arrive.. carry it in either my combats leg pocket or smock pocket.

I do away with the arm rest.. just screws off.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE