New From Tasmania

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jun 21, 2012
Australia
Hello All
Great forum thanks to all involved. Im from Tasmania and love bush craft. My Book shelf is full of Survival, Bushcraft and Tracking books and says a lot about my interests and me. Always been a hunter to put meat on the table with great respect for the animals I hunt. Love the outdoors and all it has to offer. Like the idea of Bush Tucker/Food but only know of a few here in Tas, if anybody knows more about wild foods here in Tasmania it would be great to hear from you.
Tracking is something Im very interested in. Been tracking since I was a young bloke about 8 or 9 and Im 42 now but always learning and by no way an expert. Had a quick look at the forum on tracking and some great stuff on there hopefully I can add to it.
I was diagnosed with a form of MND (motor neuron disease) at 35 but lucky not a really bad type. A very rough way to explain what it does is it slowly paralyze the body. My legs are getting bad I will have to use a wheelchair within a couple of years but trying to have a positive outlook, as the saying goes, It could be worse.
Have an ATV (quad bike) and get out in the bush as often as possible tracking all sorts of critters and set up a Trail Cam now and then.
Looking forward to learning from and chatting to you all. Hopfully I will have some knowledge I can share.

Bye for now

Last edited:

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
Hello and welcome. It would be good to see the results from the trail cam if you have any good pics from there.

louis

Jun 21, 2012
Australia
Thanks for the kind words and welcomes everyone. Seems like a great place to have a yarn and a friendly bunch of people. Will put up some trail cam pics when I work out how to lol and get some good ones. Tas is a great place to live Dread and looking forward to swaping a few stories and skills with everyone. Till next time and thanks again for the welcomes.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE