New forum for Dutchies!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Thijzzz

Nomad
Jan 8, 2007
The Netherlands
Hi all,

At http://forum.bushcraftnederland.nl/index.php you will find a newly created forum for Dutch people. Earlier forums were less succesfull, but this one is picking up pace as a lot of people have registered already and discussions are unfolding over skills, places, kit, experiences, etc.

BCUK is the largest and finest in the world, but it's great to have a Dutch place for all Dutchies coming here, especially for moots, meet-ups, gear discussion etc.

So, C U there! (Zie jullie daar!)

PS: Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.
(More snow, YEEEEEY!!)

:christmas2:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:cool:

Did you know that if Scots read Dutch aloud (is that what you call your language yourselves ? ) sometimes it translates well for us :D

cheers,
Toddy

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
I've found that 'een biertje alstublieft', is handy and for those with advanced language skills 'nog een biertje' works well to... ;)

Just registered one note I hate having to come up with a password that uses numbers and mixed letter case!! ;) just a personal thing

Ill check it out later over coffee

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
The most Dutch I speak is swearing (in a Flemish accent) from my days living in a Flemish comune in Belgium....and only speaking fluent French and English!
I learned it all from having it said to me repeatedly.....
I find that if you read Dutch and say it to yourself in the accent of an inebriated Geordie you can get most of the gist...except for technical details.... :)
This also works very well for "Kitchen Dutch" or Afrikaans in South Africa - where I found it quite easy to follow conversations!
Good luck with the site

Thijzzz

Nomad
Jan 8, 2007
The Netherlands
@Ghillieman: hoe meer zielen, hoe meer vreugd! (The more the merrier!)

@John Fenna: Commune, Begium........you have a lot of history we don't know anything about, don't you? :D I dare not ask because of the stories that might appear.....:D:D:D

@Squantrill and all others: After the last "nog een biertje" you should learn "Hij betaalt" (He's paying) when pointing your finger at yer mate :D

ghillieman

Dec 21, 2009
netherlands
@Ghillieman: hoe meer zielen, hoe meer vreugd! (The more the merrier!)

@John Fenna: Commune, Begium........you have a lot of history we don't know anything about, don't you? :D I dare not ask because of the stories that might appear.....:D:D:D

@Squantrill and all others: After the last "nog een biertje" you should learn "Hij betaalt" (He's paying) when pointing your finger at yer mate :D

I won't tell any stories John :censored:

Last edited:
We will see and overcome.
I'm happy that many people are on a forum created (or at least try to) for a common group of bushcrafters and not for just a specific company. It's the meaning to get a open social forum with no financial and commercial idea behind it.
If people have a company, they can post anyway and see it like a bit of advertising as long as it is limited.

We can look into something to create for the one who is posting the 10000 useful post. :drive:

Lars

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE