New chain saw advice - very hot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
Cheers Guys, yeah got all the safety gear, like I said chainsaw injuries give me the heebyjeebies so I'm extra cautious on that front.

I've got a mixing bottle, the trouble was I forgot to "shake it vigorously" before filling up the tank, duh! :) I think I was a little light on the oil so gave it a good guess measure. It's still running fine so the petrol/oil mix is OK I think.

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
If you purchased it from argos it has their guarentee. I know someone who changed their saw 3 times in 4 years simply because it didnt start after 3 pulls. Keep the box and reciept.

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
I had a quick read through the buyer reviews and none of them mention the part of the body getting excessively hot like yours.maybe an email to the manufacturer.when i used chainsaws usually various sizes of sthil saws id always knock on the chain break after a cut before putting the saw down
u cannot reccommend highly enough some kind of training before even picking up a chainsaw.get cocky with them and they will bite you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE