New car dilema

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Im looking for a new car,been out today and seen two that interest me
first up is
http://www.brams.co.uk/Nissan_X_Trail_2.2_DCi_Aventura_136_5Dr.htm
i have heard good and bad about these so any input would be appreciated.
Next up is
http://www.brams.co.uk/Ford_Mondeo_2.0_TDCi_Ghia_130_5Dr.htm
now having had one of these before i know they are a good old bus.

My dilema is which do i go for, reliability of the family car or the practicality of the 4WD option.
My current car is rear wheel drive and auto box(interesting day today in the snow)
Good family car but heavy on fuel and quite low slung so awkward on dirt tracks when fishing and camping.

I would like to hear your thoughts on this.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Mondingos are the sliced white bread of cars. Perfectly made, all the same and bland as hell - even the ST24 variants.

I played with the fast toys when someone else picked up the tab. But now, I value comfort, durability, capability and reliability.

So a far eastern 4x4 suits me down to the ground.

I've had a couple of X-Trails, and really enjoyed them. I like the way you can switch between 4 and 2 wheel drive as suits. Not had any major issues with them (touches wooden desk) and done quite high mileages.

Have you check the list price for the one you are looking at, with Glass's or similar? I recently had to replace my X-Trail (old one written of after a prang), and got a top spec Aventura petrol in VGC with 40k on for £7k. I would maybe try to find a lower mileage one if you plan to keep it for a while. Autotrader searches are the obvious starting point.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE