New Camera, Cold morning.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andyre

Forager
Apr 20, 2007
Abingdon, Oxon
Here are a few attempts with my new present for Christmas.
Please feel free to critique as you wish.
This is my first DSLR so still learning.

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Beautiful pictures. Maybe your first DSLR but certainly not your first camera!

One suggestion for the 1st pictures would be to have taken your subject off centre as it's blocking the tree behind it. Positioning them both on thirds or golden sections might have provided more impact to what is already a lovely shot.

Andyre

Forager
Apr 20, 2007
Abingdon, Oxon
Cheers Shep.
You are right this isnt my first camera but only really stopped taking snapshots after cobweb's sessions at the Moot last year
The first shot was just messing about trying to learn how things work.
But i agree with what you said, just need to look at things like a photographer and look what is behind.

Andyre

Forager
Apr 20, 2007
Abingdon, Oxon
Cheers Guys
As i said just getting used to the camera so was quite pleased with the results of these, The rest of what i took that day are not going to made public:lmao:

Haven't tried B&W yet but will give it a go

Again thanks for your kind words

Andyre

Forager
Apr 20, 2007
Abingdon, Oxon
All the pictures were taken in JPEG.
The camera is a Canon EOS 500D with a 18-55mm canon EFS lens ( I think, I also have a Sigma 70-210 but dont think any of these were taken with it).
No filters were used just happened to be in the right place etc. mind you it was -6 deg at the time and when the mist cleared a bright and sunny morning

lamper

Jun 4, 2009
Brighton UK
www.peligra.com
You lucky git! Weather conditions like that with good ligth as very few and far between.

The 500D is good body, but the Kit lens lets it down (I know I have the same one). The Image stabilsation is good, but just not sharp enough for me. Nearly have the money for a 24-70mm L Lens....

http://www.canon.co.uk/For_Home/Pro...nses/Zoom_Lenses/EF_2470mm_f28L_USM/index.asp

But its very ture what they say....
"Crap Photographer can take good picture with good kit. Great Photographer can take great photos with any kit"

Andyre

Forager
Apr 20, 2007
Abingdon, Oxon
You lucky git! Weather conditions like that with good ligth as very few and far between.

I know this is where i walk the dog every morning and have only seen it like this once so far this winter.

I am pleased with the set up so far, but as i have said i have only just started out and so will have to speak to SWMBO about new lenses as i progress, could be interesting:pokenest:

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I know this is where i walk the dog every morning and have only seen it like this once so far this winter.

I am pleased with the set up so far, but as i have said i have only just started out and so will have to speak to SWMBO about new lenses as i progress, could be interesting:pokenest:

you do realise i'm keeping this post to show to marie when the time's right

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE