New Bushcraft book.

Andy B

Forager
Apr 25, 2004
Belfast
Hi

just got a copy of Anthonio Akkermans book, the one that is a prize at the moment i think and was very impressed.

Lots of really good and well explained knowledge.

I especially like the fact that he uses stone tools for the majority of the photo demos shown.

I have met the man myself and ca say that he is a very knowledgeable chap.

Anyway just my 2p worth.

I have nothing to do with him by the way.

Cheers

Andy B.

barryasmith

Oct 21, 2007
Herts
I got a copy of the book from Amazon after seeing it in the site competition. It's a good read and has some good ideas. I'm a big fan of RM's stuff and this guy takes a slightly different approach which makes a nice change.

My wife said to me 'How much did that book cost?' I told her it was about 7 quid to which she replied 'Thats well worth it, you've been quite for days'

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
I looked on Amazon and it had a different cover-Is this the case? It also had a lot of 'How to survive urban stuff' on the cover. anyone got a link they can post?

It's an expanded version - it still has all the bushcraft stuff in it and a lot more to boot. And, they were selling it in Borehamwood WH Smiths in hardback for a fiver 2 weeks ago!

Get it!

See this thread: http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23524

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
It is the same material.
The author is a member of this site and I asked the same question in a thread last year (I can't do the linky thing) as i had the expanded book.
It's the publishers that decide what's getting printed and in what format.

Cheers,
Tom.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE