New BLade Finish

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
A

Allan Blade

Hey All,

Besides my Bead blast and clear coat finish , and my two-tone hand rubbed satin finish. I finally got a cool new finish i call " Antique Slate" which is a Bead blast blade with a acid finish applied that when rubbed out gives an Antique Slate Grey finish,,,,,, no CLear coat protectant needed and looks like a uniform patina finish . Also solves the problem of using the back of the blade as a striker for a fire steel as it is all steel with no protective clear coat to fight against the firesteel.

I am making a New CLip Point Scandi PACK PAL featuring it with this batch of blades i am finishing this comming week so i will post a picture of it. Gives it a nice heirloom quality look to the blade. and the best part is it wont raise the prices ! !

I know i charge to much already for my work... so i figured i would tell you that so you dont worry... :naughty:

Regards, Allan Blade

MagiKelly

Making memories since '67
Sounds good Allan. Put me down for that finish on my modified Bushcrafter. That is assuming you can do it with that steel.

If you charged real prices for your knifes you could give up the day job :wink: Of course I could just be saying that because my collection is very nearly complete.

A

Allan Blade

Hey,

The New Finish is a kind of Forced Patina like finish, but a more even finish and color over the entire blade.

regards, Allan Blade

A

Allan Blade

tomtom said:
alan are your knives available with out a finish on.. you know.. jus plain shine-ie metal??

On the scandi blades i am doing at the prices i am doing them for all i am offering is The field Grade finish, and the New Antique slate finish.

On the Flat ground versions im offering field grade, Two-tone and the antique slate finish.

I could do a Hand rubbed Finish on a Scandi, but the time involved would basically atleast double the cost for the time involved. Im trying to offer finishes on them and keep the prices low enough where everyone can afford one and not worry about Sharpening or abrading away a Hand rubbed finish , which for me to do on them would add tremendously to the cost.

On the Hand rubbed finished Flat ground versions that isnt so much of a problem being that the secondary edge bevel is usually the only surface sharpened ,maintaining the look of the Hand rubbed finish on the main flat of the Grind.

regards, Allan Blade

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE