New belt

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
I would not normally spend this much on a belt buckle, but my sister wanted an idea for a Christmas present, so I asked her for an Austrialpin 38mm one.

I used quite a thin webbing, it might me a bit to thin actually. Just trying it for a few days to se if it slips at all.

There is a Velcro panel on the rear, I put it there so a could slip some emergency money or such like into it.

The bulge you can see in the first picture is the end of the velcro, if I did another one I would make the Velcro come right up to the buckle.

Untitled by Leaky5, on Flickr

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I just made a 38mm one of these using the plastic ITW/Austri Alpin cobra buckle. To provide me the support I used a double layer of webbing most of the way round so there's a long thin 'tunnel' to fit an emergency £10 in. I did a 25mm belt with a standard metal buckle for walking trousers but only in single webbing. It's not great so I plan to go back and revisit it with double webbing. The buckles are great though, I have a lot to hold in.

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
I just made a 38mm one of these using the plastic ITW/Austri Alpin cobra buckle. To provide me the support I used a double layer of webbing most of the way round so there's a long thin 'tunnel' to fit an emergency £10 in. I did a 25mm belt with a standard metal buckle for walking trousers but only in single webbing. It's not great so I plan to go back and revisit it with double webbing. The buckles are great though, I have a lot to hold in.

I was planning to make this double sided, black and light olive. When I started making it, it looked a bit messy, so I went to black only. I might re-think the double sided idea. So far it does not seem to be slipping excessively

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Oh I never thought of a different colour either side, nice touch. The single 25mm belt had no support so to speak. The buckle held the webbing but it's like the belt wasn't there. The 38mm double sided is very comfortable though.

Hammock Hamster

Feb 17, 2012
Kent
Lovely work and I am a huge fan of the Austrialpin buckles.
I was lucky enough to get a leather bushcraft belt with pouches from swmbo a few Christmases ago that had one of these and the buckle is absolutely bombproof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE