Neverwet

Jazz006

Jun 7, 2013
Dundee
Not sure if any of you caught the one show tonight but a fantastic looking product called neverwet was being demonstrated, I can think of lots of uses for this in the bushcraft world.

Have a look at YouTube and just search for neverwet for more info.

Jazz

Does seem like a great product, how long does it last though.

The video I watched on their website a few years ago claimed a decade, but I'm not so sure. Plus, it's not completely transparent so no good for windows!

It's an amazing idea though, I'd love to get my hands on some and paint the bottom of my friends yacht though, No friction in the water, imagine how fast you could go! And no anti fouling for 10 years.

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
How long it lasts depends what you apply it to.

I've used it on parts of my motorbike to help stave off winter rusting, and it's lasting pretty damned well.

Use it on flexible material (such as fabrics), however, and not only will it change the colour (it's not transparent as some might think), it'll wear off quite quickly (or, at least, cracks will appear where water can and absolutely will get in).

Horses for courses, and all that!

saralh39

Jan 20, 2014
Essex
If you are looking for use on glass, Ritec International have a product called ClearShield that is invisible and lasts up to 15 years+. They have do it yourself kits. No hydrophobic products are permanent but Clearshield is one of the best ones and is the only one that is 'non - stick'. If you looking to protect plastic and metal's look at using ritecoat another of their products. http://ritecuk.wordpress.com/2014/01/01/wow/

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE