Networking, Jam Jars and Buckets on a bicycle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I live in Brum and because i have almost always lived and and worked away, I have next to no one in my friends/network/family.

So I want to ask you if you will help out.

I am looking for two items and I am asking the local only to me Brummies and West Mids people to help me out. As the growing allotment year starts up, I want to store and preserve as much as possible of the crops I grow, but and there is always a but . I do need to collect jam jars and plastic buckets with lids in readyness for it.
So I am asking everyone and anyone who is local this.

Would you consider storing and collecting your jam jars for me, I am intrested in any shape size or sort, even sauce bottles. What I am suggesting I do is to pop around once a week say Sunday or a Thursday or Tuesday evening or what ever we agree on and to collect the empties from you. You can leave them outside and i will just pop along and collect them. I offer in return that if I have any thing going spare to spread it around amongst my glass friends, cabbages, onions, peas etc

The next one is buckets. I could do with finding some where I can collect buckets from any thing from small 5 litre ones to the biggest ones avalible. I have canvased my local bakeries and the fast food shops and I am struggling to find any. I have managed to find a food factory type place and now collect three buckets a week from them. Does anyone know any where or works some where , were I can pop around and politely ask the boss man for a few buckets each week or even a load each week!! I dont even mind if they are just large square plastic type boxes as long as it has a lid and is within the birmingham areas i will come and collect.

Pete

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
If you find yourself in Lincolnshire chap, look me up - I have a few (hundred) jars and bottles. They all get used but I'd be happy to donat a few dozen.

I suggest befriending a foody pub (I did) - they gave me crates of Grolsch bottles, many many caterin sized jars, wine bottles for homebrew - you name it

I gave them home made pickles and chutneys for their menu. Worked well for both

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
You may want to ask at a local hospitals kitchen. I got several food quality plastic buckets with lids in varying sizes that the diet kitchen had for dried milk and the main kitchens cooking oil came in. They were happy for me to take them away.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE