Needle Case

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Elder & Hazel needle case made after watching Neils video on making one of these at the back end of last year, yesterday was the first opportunity ive had to make one, Elder body with Hazel bungs.

The one Neil made is from much thicker material than i had access to, you can see how thin the sides are in the top down photo as you can see the sunlight shining through, good exercise in precise carving to cut a recess and not go all the way through :D

20180613_170743 by Mark D Emery, on Flickr

20180613_170809 by Mark D Emery, on Flickr

20180613_170824 by Mark D Emery, on Flickr

20180613_170859 by Mark D Emery, on Flickr

Link to Neils video

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I watched Neil's video and thought then that it was such a neat and practical idea.
Then thought about just how hard I'd find it to make. I thought of finding a bit of elder and hollowing that out for the tube, but never got around to it. You've put me back in the notion to try it.

Your's looks very useable :D

M

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I watched Neil's video and thought then that it was such a neat and practical idea.
Then thought about just how hard I'd find it to make. I thought of finding a bit of elder and hollowing that out for the tube, but never got around to it. You've put me back in the notion to try it.

Your's looks very useable :D

M

Give it a go, it was surprisingly easy to do, even with my current lack of dexterity, i made the whole thing with a pocket knife and small folding saw.

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
Excellent! I might have to have a go at one of those.
I am wondering about adding a small hole in the bung so it can be attached to the body with a small piece of cord.

Z

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE