Need insurance for winter arctic snowshoeing trip, ideas?

stuey

Sep 13, 2011
High Peak
www.arb-tek.co.uk
i phoned dogtags and they want a full written description of activities and risks to show their underwriters so they can whistle this time.

I'm not surprised BT.
The snowshoeing option on most winter policies covers you for shoeing around waymarked trails in resorts which is a bit tame compared to what you guys are planning.
Surely it is in your interests that an insurer asks for a description of your activities so they can tailor your policy meaning they can't wriggle out of any potential claim. A long time ago I did a couple of overlanding expeditions across the Sahara. We had to provide a great deal of specific information to potential insurers for that as it wasn't run of the mill. Ended up with a more competitive quote and much more comprehensive cover for what we were doing.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Type in 'Reviews ' buddy.
You know me and 'links', just can't do them!!
The gist seems to be the folks who actually DO the insuring, Mondial? Something like that.
A real pain if you need to claim.

Sorry mate!, loved the idea and I could be wrong but it gave me the fear!!

da C.

stuey

Sep 13, 2011
High Peak
www.arb-tek.co.uk
Type in 'Reviews ' buddy.
You know me and 'links', just can't do them!!
The gist seems to be the folks who actually DO the insuring, Mondial? Something like that.
A real pain if you need to claim.

Sorry mate!, loved the idea and I could be wrong but it gave me the fear!!

da C.

Interesting.
All I can find is good reports of Dogtag from folks who have claimed and they have paid up when they got home.
In addition BASI (British Association of Ski Instructors) insure all of their members and employees with Dogtag.
BASI instructors get sent to resorts all over the world to work during the season.
Googling Mondial returns bad reviews but none refer to Dogtag. Maybe they behave as the underwriter when they have the award winning Dogtag brand to support?
I dunno... I hate the insurance minefield!
:)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

stuey

Sep 13, 2011
High Peak
www.arb-tek.co.uk
Just to muddy the waters further... Can't find bad reports about Snowcard. Underwritten by Aegeas.

Google Aegeas and everyone slates them!

Seems to be a pattern... Go to the underwriter and get bad service.. Go to the broker and get good service?

Again... Dunno :rolleyes: :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE