Need help finding some material

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
I am struggling to find some olive drab or khaki 1000d/600d type material in the UK.

Most greens seem to come in this colour, but I really want a darker colour for my next project.

I found a place call Active Fabrics, who seem to have exactly the right colours. UK web site but I think they are in Germany and they want £10 shipping.

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
I have used them as well, I think their greens are similar to the one I have. I might have to gets some samples from them to check.

leaky5

Maker Plus
Jul 8, 2014
Basildon
I found a piece of the green material and I have this mesh material (which is going to be part of the project) . Looking at them together, they are not to bad. Maybe that photo was a bit over exposed.

I know a shop near me has some green, I will try and see him over the holidays if he is open.

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up leaky5

Most of the 'olive' coloured materials that I have purchased from UK based companies - fabric suppliers and garment manufacturers - have tended to be on the jungle green side of olive (Brit) as opposed to the olive drab side (old US/European) which is probably what you are looking for. You might well have better luck with German/Austrian even French fabric sources as their armed forces used the darker olive and their aftermarket garments and equipment manufacturers still produce such.

A quick net search on Active Fabrics brought up one company in Ireland and one in South Africa so no wonder the high postage - SA the distance. Eire the EU!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE