need a mozzie net?

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
If you are after a mozzie net look on the 'evilbay' (ebay) site under bed canopy or bed net.

The ones sold for the chic bedroom look are made of the same net used in hot climates to keep mozzies out.

With a pair od snips you have enough net to make a small one for a bag, face net etc. All for under £10 with postage.

I have gone for the pink with flowers, was thinking on the sparkle net... but felt it was just a bit over the top for the woods... now the jungle..hmmm!

S :)

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I got a box mozzie net from the stores, buckshee or surplus to requirement, whatever you want to call it! It is designed to go on the american cots with four broom handles sticking out of the corner of the bed to support the net. I've used them before and they are OK. I was going to modify it to use over my hammock. That was until I opened it up!!

This must be a new version, it is still box shaped, but it is huge!! It is about five feet high, 3 feet wide and about six or seven feet long!It has an overlap in the middle on one side to get in and out. I was going to chop it up and use it on the hammock, but after getting bitten to death by mozzies the other week on a day hike, I think I'll leave it as it is and use it this weekend for when I take my girl in the woods for her first overnighter! We'll both easily fit in for sleeping, and it will be a good refuge for during the day.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE