National rat packs from around the bazaars

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Never had to eat them properly only in my local wood and when the wife is away and I can really not be bothered to cook so my view may be skewed.

Had a French one and the mains were nice but I was really disappointed by the coffee. The biscuits were awful, maybe there is a trick to eating them with something else but pretty naff IMHO. I also like the stove that came inside the box

Not had an MRE for quite a while but I seem to remember they were ok but a bit sweet/

I really like the British ones, especially the biscuits fruit, biscuits brown and the boiled sweets. Only complaint with the British ones is the treacle pudding, it needs custard.

Edit:
Good webiste for mre/ration pack info http://www.mreinfo.com/

Last edited:

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Pity the french have taken the wi e out of theirs.
Is there a good place to get forign rat packs ?

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Picked up a couple of French packs at the War & Peace show and agree those tinned meals are suprisingly good scran.

Tor helge

Settler
May 23, 2005
Northern Norway
www.torbygjordet.com
Seems like the army change their ration packs as often as their defence strategy.
Not many years ago it looked like this (it is actually the "dinner" part. One of Three parts of a day kit)

IMG_2413.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE