National Forest Wood Fair

Well I've just got back from spending nearly all day at the Wood Fair at Beacon Hill in Leicestershire. IIRC it's now in it's 3rd year and each year has got progressively better.

Woodland Survival Crafts, and Woodland Ways were there to name a couple of the obviously relevant stalls, but I also had the opportunity to paddle a coracle, and try my hand at using a draw knife and a pole lathe (I enjoyed it so much that I then purchased a draw knife and am contemplating constructing my own carving horse & pole lathe) - sucked in well & truely !!! :D

There were many other stalls with fabulous products available for sale / just to watch what people could turn there hands to. Lots for the kids, and adults, and was pet friendly too.

Did anyone else go?
If so, how did you get on?

If not, I'm sure there'll be another event next year (I'd guess on August bank holiday as all these have been) and I thoroughly recommend a visit). Sorry for not having highlighted the event in advance I nearly missed going myself.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
I wanted to go, but was camping in Birchover with the family.
Another good show is the Linacre woodland Festival nr Chesterfield, which was on the previous weekend. Ive been working there the last two years and was trained up on a pole lathe this year for demos as a change from tree climbing. There was a constant queue of kids wanting a go, very busy weekend. Its free to enter and £2 to park a car.
All the usual stuff also like coracales, yurts, chair making, hurdles, besoms, all set in a great site.

W

woodwylde

There's a gang of us going this year. I had to miss last year due to illness, but the reports I heard were great. Perhaps we could arrange a Buschcarft meet up?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE