Names?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Hi,

A question for a Mod.

I may be stupid, but how do you change your user name? I’ve looked everywhere but just don’t seem to be able to find out how!

Thanks

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Thank you, I’d have to pick one first!

I assumed it would be a facility of the site, most other forums I post to have the ability to change your name.

Not to worry, I think of something and PM you if that’s OK

Thanks

Andy

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
your username is something that you cannot change as a regular user.
I think it's basically to stop people causing problems, impersonating others etc.

If you do want to change your username then a only admin can do it.
Although it's probably not something we want to encourage.. so no-one else get any ideas about changing theirs ;)

cheers :)
Carlo

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Yep, Carlo is spot on, it's not something that I usually allow, on the odd occasion i have allowed it for good reason. It causes confusion for many people on the forum and ends up being a headache for me and the mods with people asking what's going on etc.

Hope that helps :D

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
And as far as I know, we have only changed the names of members where either they are offensive, or someone wants to drop there internet handle and use there own name..... not the other way around.

:)
Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE