N.E.S Meet 5 ( Back to Haddo)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Stew:

1 lb. cubed/diced beef - CBJ
1 lb. cubed/diced beef - Pandabean
1 lb. cubed/diced beef - Windy
60ml olive oil - Charles
5 carrots - Taylor
4 stalks celery - Taylor
6 medium potatoes - Pandabean (will see what I can get from the garden)
1 lb. bag frozen corn - CBJ
1 lb. bag frozen petite peas - Taylor
1 lb. bag frozen green beans - Windy
15 oz. can kidney beans

Haggis supper:

8 tins of Haggis 1x - Pandabean (1) Windy(2) Taylor (2) Charles (2)
4 neeps - Taylor (2)
4 pkts of smash 1x - Pandabean (1)
Butter - charles
Gravy granules. - Windy

Not long to go now.

Just to give you an idea what is being covered.....

• Char Cloth (Creation & Use)
  • Fire Lighting
    • Small Stick Fire
    • Damp Fire Lighting
    • Raised Fire Platform
    • Flint & Steel
  • Shelter Demo
  • Pine Cone Candles/Firelighters
  • Nettle Cordage
  • Raised Bed
  • Camp Furniture
    • Chair – Weaved Backed with saplings
    • Wash Stand
  • Night Time Wander / Star Gazing / Direction

Winnet

Forager
Oct 5, 2011
Aberdeen
Typical, I have just found this thread and it is happening a stones through from me and I would have learnt a lot. Alas I will be looking after Scouts at camp that weekend. Maybe next time.

G

Typical, I have just found this thread and it is happening a stones through from me and I would have learnt a lot. Alas I will be looking after Scouts at camp that weekend. Maybe next time.

G

Thats a shame. Seems quite a few people are involved with the scouts for that weekend. At least one of our regulars, and a guy I work with.

Your more than welcome any time. Just keep an eye on this forum or if your on facebook let us know and we can add you to our group.

Windy, people come using a mix of stuff. There is room for tents, hammocks and bivi set ups.
We can drive down to the site and take the car back up once we are done. Especially handy if your name is begins with a C and ends in a G. :)

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
I didn't know Cormag was coming Andy :p

Winnet: Welcome to BCUK .We try and hold 2 events a year mate so keep an eye on the Scotland North thread ( April time is when we hold our other meet). Your welcome to come along mate.

Windy: Yeah room for all set ups and you'll be fine taking the car down to the drop off point.

Also folks you may have to pay for parking as it is September they haven't got back to me about that so better be safe and bring some meter money.

I could think of other initials/words for said person but they are not too appropriate for here. :p

If you are a member of the NTS then you don't need to pay, but from what I remember it is about £1 - 2 per day.

Looks like I may buy tatties, the ones from the garden are a bit small this year and have a very low yield. Kind of diappointing this year. :(

Ok since y'all seem tae have an aversion tae the kidney beans, I'll pick these up and the las haggis as I'm off tae the shops today.

See you all Thursday probably about 1ish

Windy

Stew:

1 lb. cubed/diced beef - CBJ
1 lb. cubed/diced beef - Pandabean
1 lb. cubed/diced beef - Windy
60ml olive oil - Charles
5 carrots - Taylor
4 stalks celery - Taylor
6 medium potatoes - Pandabean (will see what I can get from the garden)
1 lb. bag frozen corn - CBJ
1 lb. bag frozen petite peas - Taylor
1 lb. bag frozen green beans - Windy
15 oz. can kidney beans - Windy

Haggis supper:

8 tins of Haggis 1x - Pandabean (1) Windy(3) Taylor (2) Charles (2)
4 neeps - Taylor (2)
4 pkts of smash 1x - Pandabean (1)
Butter - charles
Gravy granules. - Windy

Sep 10, 2012
Scotland
Hi all, my name is Jeremy. I became aware of your group through Taylor and Susan and would like join in and swap some bushcraft skills. I live near Banff and was wondering whether there is space for this weekend's Haddo House trip? If there is room then we work out the details later on this week. Hope to hear from you, Jeremy.

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Hi Jeremy,

Your more than welcome to come along mate.

We will be down there from Thursday to Sunday. Get Taylor to add you to our Facebook group.

all the best

Craig

PS. Windy thanks for picking up the beans mate I have been very busy and havent been keeping a close eye on this thread. Anything left I will pick up tommorow.

Hi Jeremy,

Your more than welcome to come along mate.

We will be down there from Thursday to Sunday. Get Taylor to add you to our Facebook group.

all the best

Craig

PS. Windy thanks for picking up the beans mate I have been very busy and havent been keeping a close eye on this thread. Anything left I will pick up tommorow.

No probs Craig. Happy to help.

See you Thursday 'bout 13:00 probably. Look out for a wee scabby Freelander.

Windy

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
late to the party, very late. I'll be along Thursday, mid morning ish until mid afternoon Friday.

Will bring some liquid refreshment, as it looks like everything else is taken care of.

I'll get the fire frightened into life too. ;-)

Last edited:

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Oh, I'd like to have a crack at a bit of green woodworking, is there any ash about up there or should I bring a piece or 2 from round here? Hoping to do an axe handle.

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Great to hear your coming Nick mate.

Im not sure what wood will be available to us so it might be safer to bring a bit with you.

If anybody is unsure of where the camp site is let me know and I will come and meet you at the car park.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I've been following this thread since it started. I know I've said it before but I'll say it again :) I'm hoping to actually make it to some of this one. My reasoning was if I leave it till really late before telling anyone - nothing unexpected will crop up to get in the way of an outing.... so far it seems to have worked - well mostly!

Hopefully/ maybe Sat evening till Sun:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE