My Wilkinson Sword CSK 185

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

geordienemisis

Settler
Oct 3, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
Here is my Wilkinson Sword CSK 185 partly designed by Bushcraft Royalty our own Uncle Ray. I came by this knife in a trade from AndyP on here it came with a dpm gollock sheath. since then I got in touch with Sterling from Dartmoor knife & did a deal on a sheath, belt hanger & shock cord at a good price. I have amended the small survival kit that comes within added a better wire saw & some better snare wire. It is a large blade which has some weight to it making it ideal for chopping tasks. The blade I have has its own self manufactured pommel and bolster while this doesn't fit exactly into the sheath it by no means detracts from the great look of the full package. I have always wanted one of these knives since back in the days of Survival Aids. Here are some of my pictures:
WS%2B1.JPG

WS+5.JPG

WS+1.JPG

WS+5.JPG

WS+3.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Paul Kirtly does a nice piece on his blog about a 24hr camp out using just his Dartmoor.
It IS a good chopper!
Best.

Chris.

geordienemisis

Settler
Oct 3, 2010
Newcastle upon Tyne
I have only used it in anger a couple of times,the steel has been hardened to 60rc if that makes any sense. The nut is self made from brass and unlikely to strip (fingers crossed). the handle joints well to tang I think this would only be broken is used wrongly.

AndyP

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 30, 2005
Staffs
Glad to see you are getting on with it..

Are you aware the section on the sheath slides down, it is designed to store coiled up snare wire and maybe a few water purification tabs..

AndyP

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 30, 2005
Staffs
Looks good.. I would still look into blacking the brass guard and pommel.. But thats just me..:rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE