My plan to move supplies for Ukraine to UK Polish distribution Hubs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
I asked Tony if I could post about the conflict but I can't sit back anymore and do nothing.

I have asked for sleeping bag donations to be sent to me in the classified area.

My story is I live in Kent, I have a Skoda Roomster with a large roof box and I intend to help move
supplies to Distribution hubs that are sending vans or HGV's directly to Poland.

Currently there is an organised Polish group in Southampton that have already sent supplies out.

What seems to be happening is there is so much donated stuff filling smaller places around the country that cannot seem to get that moved to the distribution Hubs. If you know any different please let me know.

I am asking locally for a long wheelbase van to borrow to get supplies moving, until then I will use my car.

Thanks for reading and open to suggestions on making this as efficient as possible.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Good one. I’ve got a Coleman Big Basin that is useful but not really used enough to warrant me keeping in the cupboard.

My campervan is LWB Ducato ex freight, but obviously much of the load space is now living area. It would still carry a fair bit as most of the storage is shelving and bed space. Basically, it could be filled with soft items, so a West Sussex (near Chichester) option.

Alternatively, I can drop it to you en route (A27) when you have an idea of your timetable.

Somewhere here, perhaps not the middle of the roundabout though ;) I’ll get you a coffee and a bun from Tesco :)

Dropped pin
Near Fishbourne

Reactions: bobnewboy and MrEd

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
Good one. I’ve got a Coleman Big Basin that is useful but not really used enough to warrant me keeping in the cupboard.

My campervan is LWB Ducato ex freight, but obviously much of the load space is now living area. It would still carry a fair bit as most of the storage is shelving and bed space. Basically, it could be filled with soft items, so a West Sussex (near Chichester) option.

Alternatively, I can drop it to you en route (A27) when you have an idea of your timetable.

Somewhere here, perhaps not the middle of the roundabout though ;) I’ll get you a coffee and a bun from Tesco :)

Dropped pin
Near Fishbourne
Thanks I will keep you informed here. one of the stories here that I am in contact with waiting on go ahead to move their donations to Southampton Dist Hub. It may Not happen.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I think unless you bring trekking equipment in good shape yourself to the Polish-Ukrainian border unassorted donations cause more logistic problems than they really help.

I did read somewhere that the red cross asks for cash instead of unassorted weird old stuff.

Reactions: nigelp

rowen

Jul 8, 2004
Derbyshire
Our local Catholic school we’re taking donations, they seem to have a network of some sort as the van had to leave on the 10th.
I would imagine other schools would be doing similar, I helped load one of the vans and was stunned by the community's generosity, a local tea merchants donated 11000 tea bags.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I dont know what Ukrainians like in the way of tea but if they are like in the Polish store then they will want fruit teas.

(Our local Polish store does a wide variety of good...and cheap...fruit teas)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE