My New Toy...Knife-making Here I Come....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi...yes i'm excited....just received my new Axminster Beast Sander....52kg excluding the stand. i've had the smaller entry level one for a couple of years now (20kg....thankyou rw!) and it scores 11 out of 10 but as i'm intending to get into knifemaking and various other things soon i thought i'd add this monster to my workshop....hillbill owns one and has kindly offered to teach me knifemaking on his so it seemed double-sensible. i'll also be getting either a baileigh or radiusmaster linisher to accompany it in the near future....let the fun begin!

s

Axminster AWEBDS610

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Nice one! If it's good enough to produce the sort of tools that come out of Mark's workshop I reckon it's good enough :)

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Sonni if you make knives like you make leather goods I can't wait to see it...you've an eye for detail.

Sent from somewhere?

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi...thanks everyone....

mark and i are very good friends and i believe in working together with the close people around you rather than against them.

a lot of individuals and companies seem to believe in exclusivity (they are found everywhere including on BCUK unfortunately...i discover more of those types every day)....i think that opinion goes against a bushcraft mentality....business is business yes but a strong team is not made of the best players, rather the best players who play well together.

i try very hard to give back with one hand what i take with another...in laymans terms i dont poop where i eat...

regards,

s

With your eye for perfection, mark will be getting worried that the student may outgrow the master!

I kid, Mark's knives are beautiful

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE