My New Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
DKW thank you very much for that kind offer, I most certainly can wait until tomorrow.

Thanks all for kind words of encouragement.

Barney

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
DKW
I know what you mean about the stitching on the sheaths and I did my first scandi sheath that way but I have not seen a tutorial for the side stitch method I now use on the internet. I have have a copy of the booklet that you can get from Knive Per at the good stuff shop which is excellent which covers pauting as well.
Look HERE to see one of my latest.

DKW

Forager
Oct 6, 2008
Denmark
I have have a copy of the booklet that you can get from Knive Per at the good stuff shop which is excellent which covers pauting as well.
Look HERE to see one of my latest.

I know Kniv Per. (Well know of him to be exact) I have done a lot of my shopping in his shop in the past.

Pauting i have never really tried out yet. Might do sometime though.
But he is really great and service is normally excellent. Allways good for a little chatter aswell.

Barney. Would you get sad if it took a day (or possibly 2) more? I have gotten very enthusiastic about this tutorial, so i'm actually re-sheathing my very first knife to produce the best fotomaterial i can for this tutorial.
If you really want to get started i can post material to work with, but im sure the finished tutorial will be worth the while.

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
DKW,

I would not be sad at all, I am sure that it will be worth the wait. Surely it would be better to see the tutorial when completed and all at once. It will be a fantastic sheath with all that energy going into it.

DKW

Forager
Oct 6, 2008
Denmark
DKW,

I would not be sad at all, I am sure that it will be worth the wait. Surely it would be better to see the tutorial when completed and all at once.

Cheers mate.

I am happy that you will wait for it.

It will be a fantastic sheath with all that energy going into it.
It better be :D
It is a standard design (my preferred design at least) i am doing though. Nothing fantastic/spectacular. But fairly easy to work with, and to modify and do variations on.
As they say: You set the limit.

A work in progress. I find that getting the pictures right is the hard part of it :werd:

stanley lake

Forager
May 15, 2007
NORTH EAST
Hi barney just waiting for piant to dry dam exams round corner. i like the first knife nice shape also particaly like the ivory handle nice match you get more satisfaction when you have made it all from scratch i find when making bush craft knives its 1 step forward and 2 steps backwards waiting for your next one happy making :wow1: Stanley

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE