My latest little project

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
Having seen the absolutely quality of some of the makers on BCUK, I feel like a bit of a tool posting my humble addition to the forum. However, I'm so chuffed with my first creation, I thought I'd put up a couple of snaps of my creation; a goat skin tinder pouch.

Shown here upon my recently acquired Arktis smock( courtesy of Endicotts and our very own LittleBigLane - Cheers LBL!!:D) with Cattleman, Enzo Trapper and my preferred firelighting kits containing my own steel striker.

A shot of the pouch all ready to go, tied up with a generous amount of the paracord obtained as part of the Arktis smock group-buy.

Inspired by the likes of John Fenna's creations, and Waylands Hobo stove pouch,I guess it has a bit of a 'LARP' feeling to it, pretty much derived from the kind of thing that was fairly common back in the day. But to be honest I wasn't looking for historical accuracy...just something that served it's purpose :). I'm not sure how it'll stand up to regular use as the skin is rather thin, but does give considerably, which I'm hoping will make it ideal for a tinder pouch as I collect additional tinder whilst out and about.

Off to make a couple of smaller ones soon......:)

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
They seem to be working okay my end, but they were uploaded with Imageshack, so can't really confirm if the website is supporting them :eek:
Anyone else care to confirm?

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
That looks quality mate, You have the fire kit nailed now with a forged striker too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE