My Knife's

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jun 26, 2009
Bolsover
I have two knives that I regularly use when out in the wilds,
The first is one I baught in Finland it is made by the Retki company, the blade is about 4" long and is made of stainless steel, it is a full tang design and features a slightly curved handle that is made of cedar and cirley birch that is rivited with brass fastenings. The knife has a good edge and the spine of the blade is good for use on a fire steel.

My second knife is a Wilkinson Sword, Ray Mears Woodlore knife, the blade is high quality carbon steel that holds its edge well and the spine it excellent for use with a fire steel, (far better that stainless steel) again this knife is also full tang, and the handle is made of birds eye maple and is also rivited with brass fasterers.

Both are good quality knifes but I do prefair the woodlore knife for carving as there is no finger guard to get in the way, but for when the weather is a bit wey I will use the stainless steel Retki, as it is better suited to the conditions

Attachments

• 28062009(001).jpg
    28062009(001).jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 136
  • 28062009.jpg
    28062009.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 134
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Very nice.

I'm not sure how it'll work on your style of sheath but a tutorial on creating a sling for the Woodlore knife is available here.

If that works for you, Woodlore are still selling the neck sheath for the Wilkinson Sword knife.

Or you could probably make one for a fraction of the £45 they ask. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE