My gear and help improving

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 18, 2011
Scotland
My gear conists of.

Billy can
Lengh of chain
Sleeping bag
Bivvi bag
DD poncho
Leuku
SAK huntsman
Water bottle
Strike force
Laplander
Paracord

What do you recommend i get next? Nothing fancy though.

May 18, 2011
Scotland
Sharpening stone,
Firesteel
roll mat
little stove?
:)

mug and spork are nice too :D

Cheers dude i've got a nice bit of slate i found ages ago that puts a razor edge on my blade.

Strikeforce is a firesteel
Got a Drainer in the GIT thread which will be Hobo'd up.

A Mug may be a good idea, Stainless is probably best.
I had a LMF titanium spork but wasn't keen, Got a few spoons i've carved so will use that, might even carve it so that the bowl of the spoon is like a spork which'll make it good for stabbing chunks of meat instead of eating it with a spoon.
Sleeping mat is on list for winter.

May 18, 2011
Scotland
Hobo stove
Flint and steel
Hammock
Axe?

Made a hammock from paracord yesterday.

Might consider an axe, Got given a kayak but want to carve a paddle so it could come in handy, I tried making an axe from a piece of flint i got from a friend, a piece of yew i carved and some cattle sinew i got from my grandad( he's a slaughterman) but it wasn't easy to split rounds then the head broke. I think it was because inside of it was a different rock.

charleslockerbie

Jul 9, 2006
Aberdeen
An axe is a great piece of kit, just had a weekender and my SFA was a gem tho she did bite me. You might get on better with picking up an old head at a car boot sale, or from here.

Well done for giving a flint axe a go, beyond my skills at present.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE