My forest shelter pictures.

ukbushmonkey

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2010
Cambridge
I thought I would add a few pictures from shelters me and my friend built.

First one, lasted two years (still standing but not in good shape)

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/4416/dsc000151.jpg
It has seen better days lol

This is the second one which is going to be a mini cabin, tree trunks for the support standing beams, the roof is now up which is made of pine, the walls are going to be wottle and dorb and the roof will be thatched :) im 21 and my friend is 23, is this just a little bit sad? lol

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/7143/dsc000311l.jpg

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Not bad at all. Nothing to be ashamed about, well, the walls are quite square and true but other than that... :lmao:

Not sure if you know this, and I most humbly sorry if you do already, but if you want pics to appear in posts rather than a link, use 'img' tags like this:

[img]http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/4416/dsc000151.jpg[/img]

Cheers

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
in capitals
but the picture is too big 800 x 600 is better
cheers Danny

pango

Nomad
Feb 10, 2009
Fife
im 21 and my friend is 23, is this just a little bit sad? lol

This isn't the first time I've come across a question of this sort and my answer is, not at all, mate.
It would be sad if you were trashing the place or stealing cars... but you're not!

It often takes time to come to terms with your interests, especially so if they conflict with the things teenagers or 20 year olds are "supposed to be doing".

Nice shelters. I'd shack down in them!

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
its nice to see young men enjoying the woods and getting outside rather than being inside with all that technology regards dave

Ph34r

Settler
Feb 2, 2010
Oxfordshire, England
Good to see some bushcrafters of my own age. "is this just a little bit sad?"

My answer to this is:
Are we the ones playing gamestation all day?
BUshcraft skills are practical and can last a lifetime, gaming has no point other than to game, and the skills are soon outdated.

ukbushmonkey

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2010
Cambridge
I guess its not sad really, as long as you enjoy it :p

The second one is a bit of a long process, it has taken a year to get that far, it might not be done by the time I go and do Tree Surgery in New Zealand for six months :)

We have the roof done, well the frame, I need to speak to a local Thatcher and see if they have any pointers. I think you bundle the grass, start from the bottom and make your way to the top, and I am sure it will need to be THICK, maybe 3/4 ft. We were thinking about using some tarp and putting it under the grass but that just takes the fun out of it :)

The first one was amazing when it was fresh, completely water proof, now it’s just dark, damp and full of mice and spiders.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE