My firsts ever!!!

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Ive been going to Bardsters house for a few friday evenings now to learn a bit of leather working skills. I love it and it has been great.
So on friday the first piece of many i hope was produced.
I made an axe mask for my axe.
Its made of a type of leather which i forget the name of but its got a reddish quality to it.
106_0786.jpg

106_0787.jpg

106_0789.jpg

Apologies for the bad pics. I forgot to put it on macro! :(

106_0790.jpg

106_0791.jpg

I loved making it. The stitching wasnt great as i didnt pull the thread tight enough. You live and learn! :)
Thanks for looking!- I would thoroughly recommend getting tuition from somebody who knows what they are doing to learn a craft or skill.

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Flying start there Dude ^^,
nice work, and yeah each piece you do, you learn
and sadly it never stops, and if you think you do, well there was a man once who said, I'm not young enough to know everything ( who had that magnificent quote in his motto on this forum XD?)

Yours sincerely Ruud

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Flying start there Dude ^^,
nice work, and yeah each piece you do, you learn
and sadly it never stops, and if you think you do, well there was a man once who said, I'm not young enough to know everything ( who had that magnificent quote in his motto on this forum XD?)

Yours sincerely Ruud

Thanks Rudd. Yeh ive heard it never stops. I looked at the price of leather and it is sooo much. This could turn expensive. :)

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
Well done, it's a great start.

You'll find that your stitching gets straighter and more evenly spaced as you practise. I've found that it's not something that anybody can really teach you, it just comes from your fingers doing the same movements and getting more comfortable with them.

Oh, and one day you'll find that your camera will focus on the sheath, and not on the tree root and leaf litter behind. ;)

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Well done, it's a great start.

You'll find that your stitching gets straighter and more evenly spaced as you practise. I've found that it's not something that anybody can really teach you, it just comes from your fingers doing the same movements and getting more comfortable with them.

Oh, and one day you'll find that your camera will focus on the sheath, and not on the tree root and leaf litter behind. ;)

Yeh LOL. Forgot the camera want on macro. LOL. Thanks for the advice. Ill keep practicing.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
be careful of bardster....he won't stop there.....he'll get you carving an axe sheath next....out of seasoned oak...and make you awl it and not allow use of pliers...fingers only!!!

lol....well done m8....leatherwork is most satisfying.

a

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE