my first kuska cup

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hiker

Tenderfoot
Jul 28, 2006
Liverpool
Hi Everyone

Ive been lurking about for a few months now reading and enjoying all the treads . Ive always loved camping and wildlife and getting out and about so its great to find a site like this .

Up to now i have made a few spoons , but i wanted to make a kuska but each time i tried the wood split being green birch , so on a recent trip to germany i raided a wood pile on a friends farm and brought a nice piece of seasoned birch home with me .

The grain in the wood is very diferent from the birch i used to make my spoons so is this a diferent type of birch or does the grain go like this when seasoned ? if anybody has any ideas i would be most greatfull .

I hope you all can see the pictures as ive never done this before .

Hiker...

seany boy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2006
Lincolnshire
Hi Hiker
if you do a search for "inserting an image" there is a really helpful post from British Red. I'm not sure how to put a link to it :eek: , hope this helps.

Hiker

Tenderfoot
Jul 28, 2006
Liverpool
Thanks for your help seany boy ive been trying for hours now and it will not work i get to the end on imageshack where it say press ctrl and v and still theres nothing .

im giving up for now ray mears is on tele at 9.30 . so ill give it another go tomorrow .

Hiker

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Hiker said:
Thanks for your help seany boy ive been trying for hours now and it will not work i get to the end on imageshack where it say press ctrl and v and still theres nothing .

im giving up for now ray mears is on tele at 9.30 . so ill give it another go tomorrow .

Hiker

Email me the photos mate and I'll put them up for you. I'd love to see them too.
Eric

e_methvenATbtinternet.com.

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
Hiker said:

Hiker

Its easy.

1. Goto the link I suplied.

2. Press 'Browse'.

3. Find the picture you want on your PC and select it.

4. Press 'Host it'

5. Highlight and copy the 'direct link' and then paste it into a post on here.

Hiker

Tenderfoot
Jul 28, 2006
Liverpool
Thanks zammo

But how do i copy and paste the direct link onto bcuk ?

i took up erics offer to post them for me , at least i hope i did the e mail said it sent .

Thanks again

Hiker

Hiker

Tenderfoot
Jul 28, 2006
Liverpool
Thanks lads i used a eric frost mora crook knife , i got it from axminster for the bowl and used a opinel number 8 knife to carve it .

Spalted birch thanks Eric .

Im on the look out for a nice piece of alder to have another go i read its good for carving even when green . This is addictive .

Thanks again

Hiker

seany boy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2006
Lincolnshire
Hi Hiker
Opinel #8 and a crook knife!!!Wow.Very nice work, really like the grain on that splatterd birch.Just wondered have you treated it with any oil?Pleased you managed to suss the picture posting out.

M

Millbilly

Thats awesome, man! :You_Rock_

I bet everything you drink from that tastes great :cool:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE