my first aid kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Tick removal tool or fine tweezers and an empty container to keep the insect in.

Magnifying glass, small mirror, soap or hand-sanitiser if they are not part of your fire-kit or wash-kit.

Don't forget about blisters on the feet! (superglue can be used to treat these BUT it will make you scream like a child)

WoodGnome

Tenderfoot
Mar 4, 2015
Germany/Northern Ireland
I'd say the whistle is more EDC than first aid and leave that out. Put in razor blades and a metal mirror. Razor blades are great to replace a scalpel to cut of the dead skin of burst blisters which can cause infection. The mirror belongs into the first aid kit for the occasions in which you hurt your face and need to take a look. An idoine salve would be nice as well because you'll need that more often than Immodium. I'd take that in because it's for blisters as well as for open wounds. You could also use Mercuchrome (works really good but is fluid).

Last edited:

Lacijag1

Forager
I'd say the whistle is more EDC than first aid and leave that out. Put in razor blades and a metal mirror. Razor blades are great to replace a scalpel to cut of the dead skin of burst blisters which can cause infection. The mirror belongs into the first aid kit for the occasions in which you hurt your face and need to take a look. An idoine salve would be nice as well because you'll need that more often than Immodium. I'd take that in because it's for blisters as well as for open wounds. You could also use Mercuchrome (works really good but is fluid).

So far I was lucky and never had any blisters or injuries on my face. That's why I did not even think about putting razor blades or mirrors in to the kit. Thanks for the advice, I will get those items!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE