My Feathered Family...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
...brooding...
Waited until Missus BT took off for a quick bite to eat and took a quick peek and a photo...she came back soon after unaware of my snooping...

This is home
bluetit.jpg

A clutch of five eggs
bluetitnest.jpg

I only put the box up late last year, so pleased its home so soon...

gsfgaz

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
Well done mate , i have a box in my garden but no takers accept for the spiders ,,, too many cats , ah well the spiders have good home ...

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Great pictures stovie, i have collared doves in my trees,the one nest has been used about six times.Might have to try some bird boxes for the BTs. Cheers.

Daz

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
took this today...they are making good progress and mum and dad are constantly supplying insects of one sort or another...

bluetitnest070511.jpg

bluetit070511.jpg

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
A quick check to make sure all is safe...
feedingtime.jpg

Its a bit of a tight squeeze...
tightsqueeze.jpg

My family are all keeping an eye on our feathered family...sitting on the step watching their comings and goings...its becoming a bit of a ritual...and I miss counted in the first place, there are six not five...

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
...its becoming a tight squeeze in there now, and it would appear we have a family of seven fledglings...or possibly eight (I think there's one under matey at the back)

bluetit170511copy.jpg

Last edited:

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Nice one Stovie, my folks have BT's nest in a box, the birds avoided using it till i told my dad to put a wooden dowel just below the hole.

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
...What a difference a few days make...This fledgeling is keen to explore the outside world, and showed no fear despite my presence...and by heck its cute...

bluetit190511005copy.jpg

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
I love this thread. I have a family of BT`s in a nestbox on my balcony, but I don`t dare to disturb them. This way I can still see what happens in there, sort of. Thanks!

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
...it's all been fun watching my family develop, but for whatever reason, survival of the fittest, depleted insect numbers due to the very dry season, or any number of other possibilities, of the eight that hatched the five below I found dead in the bottom of the box after the three survivors had flown....I took them out not to be morbid, but to bring the story to its true end, and also allow for the possibility of a second brood...

bluetit200511006copy.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE