My car

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
P Reg - Jaguar XJ 3.2 Executive

Not what you would call a bushcraft mobile but if you get the sudden urge to drive 300 miles for an outing, you get there nice and comfy and in surprisingly little time. :rolleyes:

details at: http://www.lightningstorm.co.uk/jag

With the car is going a Garmin StreetPilot III colour GPS with UK maps.

£4000 would be nice but i'm flexible (to a point).

Joe

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
Come on Squidders, make the effort, you've got to make it a bit bushcrafty...can't you throw in a carved spoon or something...?? :D

Is the car green, at least? :D

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
It's ice blue... sorry, not green...

however.... unlike most nasty little cars, the interior is a sea of real wood and nice leather! does that count?

oooh!!! Ray Mears parked next to it once! that's going to double the book price for sure!

Kim

Nomad
Sep 6, 2004
Birmingham
Squidders said:
It's ice blue... sorry, not green...

however.... unlike most nasty little cars, the interior is a sea of real wood and nice leather! does that count?

Yeah...but only just. :)

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
are you on one mate?

Errr... did I discribe the car badly somehow? It's a Jaguar... it's designed for driving on the road. The four (4) speed automatic gearbox is good for speeds anywhere between 0 and 155mph and until now, I have never felt inadequate about it.

I don't mean do be confrontational but for most of the UK you're better of buying a normal car and a horse for going off road... 4x4's are mostly good for dropping the kids off at school, driving at a maximum speed of 60mph while spewing out smoke and wobbling around every corner they come across.

If you fancy having any more pops at my car for no reason that I'm aware of, please first, let me know what I have done to deserve them.

Cheers

Joe

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
So, for no reason you slate my car that if I could afford to, I would love to keep and then for some reason act like I have some sort of problem and tell me to lighten up?

Normally I’m very cheerful but it just seems like you deliberately don’t want me to sell my car and sort my money problems out and I think it’s just a little unwarranted.

Great Pebble

Settler
Jan 10, 2004
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Think whatever you want. :D

I take every opportunity to take a dig at any motor vehicle that's not made in Solihull. (Except possibly, G-Wagens, 'Mogs and the odd American 6x6 in the 2.5 ton range). Particular levels of "mockery" are reserved for particularly attractive vehicles (Jags and that). It's a kind of inverted snobbery and is generally taken as being humourous.

If anyone was seriously interested in purchasing your wagon I doubt if my thoughts on it would affect their decision to buy. No personal offence meant by any of it I assure you. Every tin box with a wheel at each corner is the same in my eyes, my mate's A-4 gets the same treatment every time I'm forced to endure seats that adjust and a heater that works. (More electronics than the Space Shuttle and it's got one (count them) battery and it's only 12v).... Waht's that about?

And that is the last I shall be saying on the matter.

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
I think that Pebble is obviously just having a laugh... His sense of humour is demonstrated best by his chosen form of motorised transport. A great sense of humour is essential with every one of Solihulls 'finest'.....

Ps, I got an MX5, so I'd hate to think what ribbing I'd get. And it's not even slightly green!

PPs, that Jag sounds an absolute bargain. Could have sworn I saw one in a Ray Mears episode. One gave him a chauffeur driven lift between camp sites once.... ;)

shinobi

Settler
Oct 19, 2004
Eastbourne, Sussex.
www.sussar.org
Greenpete said:
Forgive me if I'm a bit slow here but isn't this a bush craft forum? Also I thought you weren't supposed to sell anything here, let alone cars!
Pete
Well seeing as it's in the "members classifieds" section, I guess we'll let this one through. :D
And as for it being a bushcraft only site, he's only selling the car to pay for his kit expansion programme. "Carry more by knowing less" Eh, Joe??? :rolleyes:

Martin

Dave Farrant

Forager
Apr 16, 2003
Lancashire
Yes this is a classifieds section? So you can sell whatever you want.

You have to appreciate that if it it Bushcraft related then you will sell it in Hours as the audience is specific.

So good luck.

:D

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Nice, think of all the knife handles you could make with all that wallnut !Has it got leather too ? We could go for sheaths.
I bet its infinetly more practical than my MGB which does a fine job of getting me to the woods, "bushmoots" and my canoe to the river - In fact it does that a damn site better than stuggling to get a canoe on my friends landrover....
Sorry to here you have to part with it.

Rich

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE